Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region rankings of 8 remaining teams
Of the 8 teams that are left, how would you rank them? Rank them in order from 1-8, not who you think will pull the upset or what you think may happen. 1-8 based on how they are playing as of late.

Mine would be as follows....

1. Perry County Central
2. Knott County Central
3. Letcher County Central
4. Estill County
5. Wolfe County
6. Breathitt County
7. Powell County
8. Buckhorn

Yes, I know that Letcher beat Knott of the district final and that Wolfe beat Estill a couple of weeks ago; However, I feel that this is how the ranking would go. Just my opinion.
1) Perry Co Central
2) 6 teams tied at #2 - KCC, LCC, Estill, Wolfe, Breathitt, Powell
8) Buckhorn
****any of top 8 teams could win region - lol
1. PCC
2. LCC
3. Wolfe
3. KCC (tie)
5. Breathitt
6. Estill
7. Powell
8. Buckhorn
Reds#1Fan Wrote:1. PCC
2. LCC
3. Wolfe
3. KCC (tie)
5. Breathitt
6. Estill
7. Powell
8. Buckhorn

Ummm Estill beat Breathitt at Breathitt and has been playing better ball as of late than the Bobcats...
Perry nobody close
I like Perry also but people are rating them strictly on the basis of size. The truth is out there and heart plays a big role in the tourney and no one has more heart then Buckhorn. Peace be among us Brother Cecil.
jumpshooter Wrote:Of the 8 teams that are left, how would you rank them? Rank them in order from 1-8, not who you think will pull the upset or what you think may happen. 1-8 based on how they are playing as of late.

Mine would be as follows....

1. Perry County Central
2. Knott County Central
3. Letcher County Central
4. Estill County
5. Wolfe County
6. Breathitt County
7. Powell County
8. Buckhorn

Yes, I know that Letcher beat Knott of the district final and that Wolfe beat Estill a couple of weeks ago; However, I feel that this is how the ranking would go. Just my opinion.
Letcher shouldn't even be in the Region.Anyone who watched the Cordia or knott game knows this . How can they even be Ranked?? Sad
Brother Cecil Wrote:I like Perry also but people are rating them strictly on the basis of size. The truth is out there and heart plays a big role in the tourney and no one has more heart then Buckhorn. Peace be among us Brother Cecil.

that's a good point. perry just beat them by 30 and could have beat them by 40 or 50. lol. heart only gets you so far
hitter Wrote:that's a good point. perry just beat them by 30 and could have beat them by 40 or 50. lol. heart only gets you so far

Ouch
Perry walks through this region
If it comes to heart or skill give me skill. Not a contest this year PCC wins
postman Wrote:Letcher shouldn't even be in the Region.Anyone who watched the Cordia or knott game knows this . How can they even be Ranked?? Sad
Get over it.
Herald Leader rankings:

1. Perry Central 78.6
2. Knott Central 70.0
3. Letcher Central 65.7
4. Breathitt County 59.7
5. Powell County 58.4
6. Buckhorn 56.3
6. Wolfe County 56.3
8. Estill County 54.7

1. Perry Central
2. Knott Co Central
3. Letcher Central
4.Wolfe County
5. Estill County
6. Breathitt County
7. Powell County
8 Buckhorn.
Thats good rankings. throw cantrell rankings out the window its a slug fest from here on. Perry going to have to win 3 challanging games Knott going to have to win the first against Wolfe. It could be a very good Regional Tournament
1. Perry 2. Knott 3. Letcher 4. Wolfe 5. Breathitt 6. Powell 7. Estill 8. Buckhorn
hoghead Wrote:1. Perry 2. Knott 3. Letcher 4. Wolfe 5. Breathitt 6. Powell 7. Estill 8. Buckhorn

Curious as to where you get this from? Estill beat Powell 2 out of 3 times this year, and honestly were 2-3 plays away from the season sweep.
jumpshooter Wrote:Curious as to where you get this from? Estill beat Powell 2 out of 3 times this year, and honestly were 2-3 plays away from the season sweep.

Not to mention Estill beat Breathitt at Breathitt
Estill was at Home in the district that counts for 5 or 6 points. If it been at POowell. I believe Powell would have won.
I was not bad off when you claim estill was better than Wolfe two weeks ago then Wolfe beat estill two days later. Letcher I also said was playing better and was the most dangerous team in the region and they won the district and people did not believe that either.
hoghead Wrote:I was not bad off when you claim estill was better than Wolfe two weeks ago then Wolfe beat estill two days later. Letcher I also said was playing better and was the most dangerous team in the region and they won the district and people did not believe that either.

Letcher is good and people not giving them credit is just ridiculous
Postman....really? Several calls went to KCC that were terrible. Like KCC player who fouled out yet continued to play two more possession? That should have been an automatic T! Everybody in the 14th knows KCC always gets all the calls!

1. PCC (all world team)
2. LCC
3. KCC
4. Estill
5. Powell
6. Wolfe
7. Buckhorn
8. Breathitt
brinkley Wrote:Postman....really? Several calls went to KCC that were terrible. Like KCC player who fouled out yet continued to play two more possession? That should have been an automatic T! Everybody in the 14th knows KCC always gets all the calls!

1. PCC (all world team)
2. LCC
3. KCC
4. Estill
5. Powell
6. Wolfe
7. Buckhorn
8. Breathitt

C'mon man, Buckhorn better than Breathitt? Im not a fan of either, but thats bad.
hoghead Wrote:Estill was at Home in the district that counts for 5 or 6 points. If it been at POowell. I believe Powell would have won.

If being at home counts for 5 or 6 points, Estill is still better than Powell. Powell beat Estill by 4 at Powell. Not very good logic, my friend.
I think it's Perry at one and the other seven are so close that any of them could beat each other on any given night. I do think most if not all of those teams are capable of beating Perry on a good night.
Also in the Knott and LCC game, that should not have been a t because they never reported to the refs that it was 5 fouls. Even though it was announced, there was no signal to the refs that it was 5 fouls. So blame the bookkeeper or clock keeper but that wasn't knotts fault. Was there a twenty second timer put up ? No. That was not a big deal anyway. Letcher got the calls down the stretch, not Knott.
Perry and Estill has the same record 24-7 does that make estill better than Perry???? Like I said just because you beat some one twice or at Home twice doesnt make you better than them. home Court gives you a 5 or 6 point advantage.
Where was the game played at again? Umm....KCC! The clock keeper and official bookkeeper for the tourney was KCC staff. And for the refs to ignore this happened was a joke.

Just heard PCC bigs are playing. 2-8 doesn't matter. The All World team takes region easily. I wish the announcer at region would announce the starting line up for perry like college teams do.

Starting at foward a 6'5" senior from NewYork..... Damon Tobler! And on and on and on.....
PCC should win easily if they play with urgency. But if they play with a sense of entitlement as last year's team did against Buckhorn, they will struggle to make it to Rupp. Overall, they are the favorites imo.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

postman Wrote:Letcher shouldn't even be in the Region.Anyone who watched the Cordia or knott game knows this . How can they even be Ranked?? Sad
Are you an idiot postman ? Knott almost robbed Letcher in this game! Knott even had a player foul out in the 4th quarter that played 2 more possession before they removed him from the game! So an illegal players was on the floor that had been disqualified from the game ! Knott got two free throws when that possession should not have happened! Letcher should have been shooting technical foul shots and the ball!That game with KCC Letcher played 5 on 8 .....come on man!