Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Top Players
I know there was a list of the top players in the 14th region early in the season. But now that the regular season and district tourney's are over. Who have been the top players in the 14th region this season.
See if the list is any different than the preseason list.
Letcher's Torell Carter is the region's top player.
Damon Tobler is heads and shoulders above Carter. Don't get me wrong, Carter is a wonderful high school player but his size and strength will limit him in college along with his inability to shoot from the outside. He has the heart of a lion but Tobler is by far the best all around player. Tobler can defend any great player and Carter is a weak defender.
Love the Carter kid
I'm gonna take a shot at naming a first team all region. Factoring in stats from khsaa website and the teams success this season.

Guard Caleb Bonny Estill County 24 wins and 56th District Champs
22.7 ppg 49% from field
52 made 3's 39% from 3
79.4% free throws
3.9 rebounds per game

Guard Austin Combs Knott County 20 wins and 53rd District Runner up
19.9 ppg 52.8% from field
57 made 3's 41.9% from 3
82.5% free throws
2.3 rebounds per game

Guard Deven Stone Wolfe County 18 wins and 55th District Champs
22.6 ppg 49.8% from field
101 made 3's 44.1% from 3
84% free throws
5.6 rebounds per game

Forward Torell Carter Letcher Central 23 wins and 53rd District Champs
26.2 ppg 58.5% from field
27 made 3's 37.5% from 3
73.4% free throws
6 rebounds per game

And my player of the year is the best player on the best team in the region.

Forward Damon Tobler 24 wins and 54th District Champs
17.1 ppg 62.4% from field
7 made 3's 25.9% from 3
60.9% free throws
8.7 Rebounds per game
Carter is a nice player
I believe Carter has been the best player in the region this season. Tobler is surrounded with some good recruits that make him look better. But overall the region's talent is very very weak this year. None of these players would be in the top 15 about 5 years ago.
Damon Tobler is an athlete who can play any position on the floor.
Carter is a high-scoring wing player.
Austin Combs is a great combo guard with a great shot.
Noah Back is a sharp shooter.

Give me those four and a big man and I'd put them up against anyone.
I think they all can play
zaga_fan Wrote:Damon Tobler is an athlete who can play any position on the floor.
Carter is a high-scoring wing player.
Austin Combs is a great combo guard with a great shot.
Noah Back is a sharp shooter.

Give me those four and a big man and I'd put them up against anyone.

Zaga I will throw the Prince kid who is 6'9" and shoots the baby hook well, from PCC and we will share this team. I would love that team. Lol
Paparazzi Wrote:Zaga I will throw the Prince kid who is 6'9" and shoots the baby hook well, from PCC and we will share this team. I would love that team. Lol

I like what the bigs add at Perry because it opens Tobler up to run the offense, but I would probably take Keita over at Cordia or another big guy before them.

They aren't very disciplined on defense and they can be a little clumsy at times. Last year in the region tournament, Tobler put them both in foul trouble in the first quarter.

Prince is definitely the smoother post player.
zaga_fan Wrote:I like what the bigs add at Perry because it opens Tobler up to run the offense, but I would probably take Keita over at Cordia or another big guy before them.

They aren't very disciplined on defense and they can be a little clumsy at times. Last year in the region tournament, Tobler put them both in foul trouble in the first quarter.

Prince is definitely the smoother post player.
I agree. In the Knott and Perry game Princewill Anosike had 2 points. Idrids Akenyemi had 6 points . The sophomore Big kid from Knott had 16 . Those kids aren't really a threat as it seems . Old saying goes."Looks Good Getting Off The Bus"
Keita hasn't got any better since he arrived. Prince is a lot better than him. Prince gets a lot of bad calls against him from the games I've seen. If he is standing straight up and an offensive player goes up and into him and he jumps straight up that is not a foul. And 14 th and 15 th region officials aren't very good especially with athletic players