Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 72 Harlan County 54.
Final. Gotta think Corbin is the favorite in the 13th after this one.
Heard Corbin was up 20 at half . Sounds like they took the Bears out to the wood shed
HC played with absolutely no energy. It looked like the game meant way more to Corbin than it did to Harlan County. I guess HC ending their season at the arena in the regional tournament last year was extra motivation. The officiating was also terrible. 13th region officials are some of the worst I've seen!!
TheProfessor33 Wrote:HC played with absolutely no energy. It looked like the game meant way more to Corbin than it did to Harlan County. I guess HC ending their season at the arena in the regional tournament last year was extra motivation. The officiating was also terrible. 13th region officials are some of the worst I've seen!!

Definitely agree with the last statement, and I didn't even watch the game. But Harlan county's schedule is catching up to them. Teams that have played a tough schedule and good teams, know how to come out to play in a game like that and what to expect. Harlan has a couple more tough games to end the season with, hopefully for their sake it will get them more ready for the region tournament. Canceling their game with South still baffles me too.
I disagree about scheduling. Harlan County has wins over John Hardin, Perry Central, Taylor County, and a very underrated North Oldham team. Their schedule isn't void of quality teams and wins. I think the layoff and lack of energy was the difference in this game.
And North Laurel, if you want to count that as a quality win.
Taylor County is 9-6.
North Hardin is 11-7.
And they beat Perry Central without their big guys then got smacked when they had their big guys. Id say you could say they've not had that tough of a schedule. Big game against Knox coming up for the black bears.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Taylor County is 9-6.
North Hardin is 11-7.
And they beat Perry Central without their big guys then got smacked when they had their big guys. Id say you could say they've not had that tough of a schedule. Big game against Knox coming up for the black bears.

"Smacked"?? I sense hostility when you talk about Harlan County. I think this SAME Harlan County team "smacked" Corbin in the regional tournament (when it counted!!!), just a few months ago...lol. Harlan County will be just fine.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:"Smacked"?? I sense hostility when you talk about Harlan County. I think this SAME Harlan County team "smacked" Corbin in the regional tournament (when it counted!!!), just a few months ago...lol. Harlan County will be just fine.

I have no hostility towards any team.. but if you watched the same game I did you wouldn't say they got smacked? Kinda like how Harlan County did smack Corbin last season. Lol. But I guess the difference is that was last season.. and this is this season.. lol
No, the difference is one game was in the regional tournament and the other game was a meaningless game on a Saturday. And, you are hostile, and I would guarantee that you are from either the Whitley or Laurel county area...maybe Knox.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:No, the difference is one game was in the regional tournament and the other game was a meaningless game on a Saturday. And, you are hostile, and I would guarantee that you are from either the Whitley or Laurel county area.

What does last years game have to do with anything though, we're in a new season? And it may be meaningless to you, but I'd say it's not meaningless to the players and the seniors who are running out of games to play. I just give my honest input. I have no hostility towards any team. If Harlan County wins region, I'll be pulling for them in the State Tourney hoping they win it all. It's good for the 13th region. Smile
Last year has nothing to do with this year except the two teams have the exact same rosters. You can act like you support all 13th region schools, but I know better.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Last year has nothing to do with this year except the two teams have the exact same rosters. You can act like you support all 13th region schools, but I know better.

Chase Sanders is having a breakout season for Corbin. Hopkins didn't play last year and is back this year. The rosters may look the same but they're different teams. But I do support all the 13th region. Smile
Corbin is the best team in the 13th. Knox is a close second.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:Definitely agree with the last statement, and I didn't even watch the game. But Harlan county's schedule is catching up to them. Teams that have played a tough schedule and good teams, know how to come out to play in a game like that and what to expect. Harlan has a couple more tough games to end the season with, hopefully for their sake it will get them more ready for the region tournament. Canceling their game with South still baffles me too.

Quick glance as of today at a few schedules.....

Corbin's opponents overall record 161-85
South Laurel's opponents record 190-116
Harlan Co's opponents record 157-142
Knox Central's opponents record 124-138
Add North Laurel's opponents record as well.....142-125

Obviously couple of the teams have played Harlan Co and they do have an impressive 17-2 record that helped boost the opponents overall mark. Once Knox plays them this week then their opponents record will climb above .500
Nice win Corbin
Taylor is head and shoulders above Harlans stars, i was amazed watching how easily he scored. Will go big time d1
I've said it all year Andrew Taylor is head and shoulders above anyone in the Mountains. And Corbin is the best team in the region with the best coach by far. Are there a couple teams that can knock them off sure but I'll place my money on them come March
People will call me crazy but I think he has more talent and higher ceiling than Braxton Beverly and Cameron justice