Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 67 Pike Co Central 62 (OT)
Final from LCC,
Ugly game... Big game for Maggard
Maggard might be best big in the district. Pike central is definitely top 3 or 4 team in the 15th. Good win for LCC
Slow start, poor shooting,and few bad calls were just too much for the hawks to overcome tonight. The hawks were able to rally all the way back to take 4 pt lead to end the 3rd. They were also able to force 35+ turnovers, but Maggard was too much, and the hawks legs looked to go in the 4th. I left very impressed with both. Don't think you will want to play either come March. I think both are around 4 or 5 in their respective regions.
The young hawks will continue improve, very impressed with them earlier in season.
Stuartscott Wrote:Slow start, poor shooting,and few bad calls were just too much for the hawks to overcome tonight. The hawks were able to rally all the way back to take 4 pt lead to end the 3rd. They were also able to force 35+ turnovers, but Maggard was too much, and the hawks legs looked to go in the 4th. I left very impressed with both. Don't think you will want to play either come March. I think both are around 4 or 5 in their respective regions.
not to be disrespectful but the team u got beat by lost 20 games last season an lost there best starter two week ago, so theynrnnot very good, but they do have outstanding coaching an sometimes that's all they needed!
That was last season. Addition by subtraction...other girls will pick up the slack.
Hawks never quit. Lack of size hurts them. Maggard had 20 points and 15 rebounds and she will only get better by the end of the year for the Cougars.
The Hawks played aweful 1st quarter but them girls don't know how to quit, they know how to battle. It's tough to play over there. PC didn't make many shots to start the game, missing some wide open shots. They were also in foul trouble the whole game. It seems that there was a foul called on the Hawks every 2-3 trips down the floor. However, can't have excuses because you have to find a way to win. Lady Hawks had a chance to to win in regulation but LCC caused a turnover.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Maggard might be best big in the district. Pike central is definitely top 3 or 4 team in the 15th. Good win for LCC
15 is down this year. More than likely be ranked as the weakest region for girls basketball this year.