Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain top 10. Seriously?
Wymt Mountain top 10 came out, and I'm thinking they didn't proof read it or something.

1. Pulaski
2. Harlan county
3. Johnson Central
4. Corbin
5. Magoffin.... Seriously. Magoffin?
6. South Laurel
7. Cordia
8. North Laurel
9. Perry Central
10. Sheldon Clark.... Another head scratcher.

If Pulaski is a mountain team, how is Southwestern not a top 10 team as well? Magoffin got beat 39-38 by East Ridge, and got pounded by 60 to Oldham County. They are 1-2 on the season. Who votes on the mountain top 10. Is it coaches, or people at Wymt? Sheldon Clark is not a top 10 team either.
First poll is done by moon shinners
Sorry to bust everybody bubbles. Confusederiously:

1. Pulaski County
2. Cordia
3. South Laurel
4 Perry Central
5. Harlan County
6. Corbin
7. Johnson Central
8. Southwestern
9. Knox Central
10. Leslie County

4 Teams from the 13th baby. :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Sorry to bust everybody bubbles. Confusederiously:

1. Pulaski County
2. Cordia
3. South Laurel
4 Perry Central
5. Harlan County
6. Corbin
7. Johnson Central
8. Southwestern
9. Knox Central
10. Leslie County

Looks a lot better. Although I would probably put Corbin and SW ahead of Perry Central, until they get the two big boys eligible. (If they do.) Don't know much about JC, so I can't say much about them. But you do know that you will be disowned by the NL faithful for having Leslie over them, right? Lol. I would definitely have NL in there somewhere.
Leslie Co is 4-0 but the teams they have played are a combined 3-12 and 2 of those 3 wins was against Riverside Christian.
Polls don't mean dip! Smile
I think HC And Corbin are better than SL at this point...But not too bad 64
:Thumbs:
ky playmaker Wrote:Leslie Co is 4-0 but the teams they have played are a combined 3-12 and 2 of those 3 wins was against Riverside Christian.

Jackson City, Owsley, Pendleton and Wolfe(Who had Knott down big In the second half and imploded)
64SUR Wrote:Sorry to bust everybody bubbles. Confusederiously:

1. Pulaski County
2. Cordia
3. South Laurel
4 Perry Central
5. Harlan County
6. Corbin
7. Johnson Central
8. Southwestern
9. Knox Central
10. Leslie County

64 baby, ole fatpat don't know what smokes you been rollin, but give me four. Bolz, Pats should land in the top 5 with Pulaski, South Laurel, Harlan County and Johnson Central. Now, after you lay off the smokes and it clearz out, you will see what ole fatpat is sayin.

Top 10:

1. Pulaski
2. Knott
3. Harlan County
4. Johnson Central
5. South Laurel
6. Corbin
7. Perry Central
8. Southwestern
9. North Laurel
10. Lotts Creek (Yeah I said it)

#patsaretop10allnightlong More mash taters please!!!
ky playmaker Wrote:Leslie Co is 4-0 but the teams they have played are a combined 3-12 and 2 of those 3 wins was against Riverside Christian.

10 spot is for my special team of the week. Confusednicker:
Is Cordia the best team in the 14th?
Forgive my ignorance as basketball is not something I follow very closely, but why is Pulaski ranked #1? I looked at their schedule and it seems they weren't a dominant team last season, what happened? Did they get new transfers? Return everyone? Not slighting them as I know nothing about them, just curious.
yes two transfers for Southwestern
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Forgive my ignorance as basketball is not something I follow very closely, but why is Pulaski ranked #1? I looked at their schedule and it seems they weren't a dominant team last season, what happened? Did they get new transfers? Return everyone? Not slighting them as I know nothing about them, just curious.

They are legit!
ky playmaker Wrote:yes two transfers for Southwestern

Don't forget the foreign exchange student. PC hasn't won a region in nearly 25 years. I think they get it done this year. There 2nd five could be ranked 3rd or 4th in the 12th.
Again how do two transfers get eligible going from southwestern to Pulaski county and perry camt get there two eligible. At least the two from perry both have the same guardians. No consistancy with khsaa
I believe SCHS has a very good squad this year you just havent seen them size athleticism and shooters. As for what everyone else has idk.
Sheldon Clark is better than you think, I think there the best team in the 15th region
Leslie is a joke 64, and wymt having North in there shows they are a joke. Broughton may average 40 ppg playing that weak schedule
hitter Wrote:Again how do two transfers get eligible going from southwestern to Pulaski county and perry camt get there two eligible. At least the two from perry both have the same guardians. No consistancy with khsaa

The two from Pulaski also have the same guardian for what its worth.

Tell the KHSAA you have a lawyer and you get eligible.

The Khsaa is like a neutered dog on meth. All bite but with no teeth and no balls.
Truth99 Wrote:Leslie is a joke 64, and wymt having North in there shows they are a joke. Broughton may average 40 ppg playing that weak schedule

North is know joke they will win the 54th district. ...Marked it down. :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:North is know joke they will win the 54th district. ...Marked it down. :Cheerlead
big prediction
My Top 10:
1. Pulaski County
2.Harlan County
3. Corbin (two solid wins over Mercer County and Lex Cath)
4. Southwestern (extremely dangerous. Gover is one of the most exciting guards to watch in the state when he is shooting well. Stephens can shoot it like crazy team)
4. South Laurel
5. Johnson Central
6. Cordia
7. Perry County Central
8. North Laurel
9. Knott County
10.Knox Central
Trophy Room Wrote:Don't forget the foreign exchange student. PC hasn't won a region in nearly 25 years. I think they get it done this year. There 2nd five could be ranked 3rd or 4th in the 12th.

I would agree. Coach Farley sure has inherited a lot of talent over there. TongueirateSho
Perhaps what EVERYBODY is thinking but not saying is simply that mountain basketball is hugely talented over all, and is so close in talent and execution, that it's anybody's regional title to take!!

Smile
64SUR Wrote:North is know joke they will win the 54th district. ...Marked it down. :Cheerlead

WOW....... I don't think that is possible, last time I checked they played in the 49th. Either way winning the district would be a great accomplishment for that group. That would really pad their resumes of how great their careers have been.
Truth99 Wrote:WOW....... I don't think that is possible, last time I checked they played in the 49th. Either way winning the district would be a great accomplishment for that group. That would really pad their resumes of how great their careers have been.

Its all about winning, thats what defines a career!
Davidlee Wrote:Sheldon Clark is better than you think, I think there the best team in the 15th region

They didn't look very good against North Laurel. Starting 5 wasn't bad, but they seem to have no bench at all. I would say Johnson Central is the favorite in the 15th, but by years end SC could very well be the better team.
Cordia will move up the list as the season goes on
fatpatfan Wrote:64 baby, ole fatpat don't know what smokes you been rollin, but give me four. Bolz, Pats should land in the top 5 with Pulaski, South Laurel, Harlan County and Johnson Central. Now, after you lay off the smokes and it clearz out, you will see what ole fatpat is sayin.

Top 10:

1. Pulaski
2. Knott
3. Harlan County
4. Johnson Central
5. South Laurel
6. Corbin
7. Perry Central
8. Southwestern
9. North Laurel
10. Lotts Creek (Yeah I said it)

#patsaretop10allnightlong More mash taters please!!!
LOLOLOL now thats some good comedy. Knott didnt even make it out of their district last year and probably wont this year. Cordia is without a doubt better and as long as Carter is playing at Letcher they can take out Knott anytime.