Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any truth to French leaving our warriors to retire?
Rumor mill running wild all ready. many here saying French to retire after this year? Any one heard this as well?
No, he just bought a new recliner for his office so he can daydream about fishing.
theotherfrench Wrote:No, he just bought a new recliner for his office so he can daydream about fishing.
lol Good really would love him to stay around, someone said if he was his son would take over, which is great as well. Future lookin bright for the warriors.
I heard if he retires, Steve Wright is gonna come back and coach the football team.
Long live Steve Wright
In all seriousness it might be a good time to retire, according to recent middle school and pcyfl games PC is going be loaded for awhile.
Willie Turnover Wrote:In all seriousness it might be a good time to retire, according to recent middle school and pcyfl games PC is going be loaded for awhile.

My son plays at Southern and that moron at coaching there ran 4-5 kids off that are pretty talented and they will be back next year as freshman.
Also important to remember that Southwestern returns quite a few players next year. They play 3/4 sophmores a freshman plays a lot on defense. Return all wideouts but one. Biggest thing to replace will be 2-3 lineman and a QB. Also important to note that SW JV without those freshman and sophomores beat PC twice this year. Those holdback kids make a huge difference in middleschool but in highschool the playing field levels a bit. SO don't be surprised to see that middle school talent gap close a bit. There are some talented kids at Southern and without the moron over there coaching they are a better team then they showed SW will field a solid team for at least the next 2-3 years and with young player development being the only factor possibly the foreseeable future.
I hope your right. But the North end has an abundance of athletes from 9th grade down to 5th grade.
Good thing about the southern end of the county, there will be enough talent to compete. I've seen some really nice athletes in the PCYFL games from the Superbowl a couple weekends ago. Problem is, most of the talent is at Pulaski, Northern, Eubank and Shopville.

Above post is correct.

I think the hold back issue is somewhat true but it's an option available to all. Pulaski isn't reinventing the wheel, they just have better tread because they are capitalizing on the rule in place. If the south end wants to get on that level early, they should. Whether or not I completely condone it or not, is a different topic.
Does anyone know if last night's loss makes Coach French's retirement more likely (or less likely)?

Either way, though, most seem to think his successor is already chosen, yes?