Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 61 Fleming County 0
Final
Congrats Pirates. Bring on Russell!!!!
Congratulations Pirates!

Keep on rollin' :Thumbs:
Just a few more running clocks away from another championship! Congrats Pirates! Thank you for representing our district with authority!
skully03 Wrote:Congrats Pirates. Bring on Russell!!!!

Russell is coming and they will try to make it interesting.
Yea Russell might win the coin toss but that's about all the success were gonna have against the Pirates
Congrats to Belfry.
Enjoy watching #75 on Belfry line tonight. Finally getting his wish, even if it was just a quarter and a half.
I say this will much respect given and certainly earned...

I hope we beat the snot out of Russell... no matter how the last few meetings have went, 05 and 06 were tough on 13 and 14 year old me.
Belfry outgained Fleming 378-78 and fairly sure the Belfry 2's and 3's even outgained the Panthers straight up

Fleming was just utterly outmanned at the LOS and their kicking game also did them no favors in making this competitive.

Belfry showed some interesting wrinkles on Offense. Peyton Hensley may end up Belfry's leading rusher as a second stringer LOL

Russell will be a substantially tougher test. Pirates need to get their cohesion back as these non-competitive running clock games are doing them no favors for preparing for a potential Semi-Final war.
Congratulations Pirates!!

Another one bites the dust.
Congrats to Belfry.....
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
This Hensley kid is a Stud!!! Don't understand why this kid isn't the starting Fb!! If this kid could play with the starting OFL his stats would be crazy!!!!! The best upcoming running back I've seen in years!!!! Don't understand why kid so talented sitting on the sidelines until they get running clock.. Somebody please tell me?
Death_Valley Wrote:This Hensley kid is a Stud!!! Don't understand why this kid isn't the starting Fb!! If this kid could play with the starting OFL his stats would be crazy!!!!! The best upcoming running back I've seen in years!!!! Don't understand why kid so talented sitting on the sidelines until they get running clock.. Somebody please tell me?

Because the two in front of him are better. Case closed. Anyone who knows who i am knows how high I am on Hensley and I have sung his praises each time he steps on the field. I agree he has the makings to be special. He will get his chance, but I am still not sure FB is his spot. He has HB speed. All he has to do is be patient and keep working hard and he will get his chance.
Let me add. The tough yards are where Wellman and Fletcher shine. They have proven against the best teams that they can take a beating. The future looks bright though with Hensley, Ben Bentley and Birchfield, and throw in Gannon as well. I love Hensley as much as anyone, but I'm not near ready to make him the starter over two kids who bust it each game and have the big game experience they do.
http://www.maysville-online.com/sports/p...626d7.html

Nice write up and the Fleming Coach has some interesting things to say
Yes I agree he's not a true Fb!!!!! But that kid surprises me everyime I watch belfry play... Togood be watching from sideline.....
Death_Valley Wrote:Yes I agree he's not a true Fb!!!!! But that kid surprises me everyime I watch belfry play... Togood be watching from sideline.....
He'll get his time to shine.

If Haywood doesnt move him to HB at the very least I expect him to be the starting HB next year with Wellman still getting a ton of reps similar to what they have done this year with Wellman and Fletcher.

Wellman is a weapon but Haywood knows he needs to limit the number of reps he is getting hit playing both ways.

Hensley is going to have a long and successful career at Belfry, just right now he is having to pay his dues to some really talented upperclassmen.
Pirates just too tough
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Congrats to Belfry.....
Death_Valley Wrote:Yes I agree he's not a true Fb!!!!! But that kid surprises me everyime I watch belfry play... Togood be watching from sideline.....

Isn't this a great problem to have? So many kids that...even as freshman....can come into the game and play meaningful minutes. When your HS program has won 3 state championships....and your middle school has won 4...and got back to the state semi's this year......invariably, you're gonna have kids that are "stacking up" positionally. It's bound to happen. This Belfry team has several freshman that....if needed....could step in and play quality minutes. Not just in the backfield...but also on both sides of the line and defensive secondary. I know folks around the state are expecting Belfry to be just a "good" team next year. But......they'll be better than just "good" by playoff time. There's a lot of talent....a lot of quality. Definitely losing the best group of kids the school has produced....but success breeds success. A lot of kids are gonna get legitimate shots next year. Be patient. No bigger fan of Hensley than I am. He's a player.