Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln County @ Whitley County 11/03/16 **THURSDAY**
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:2006 when Larry French was leading the ship. Lincoln won 31-18

it's been a while. seems like forever ago.
E's Army Wrote:Lincoln County played South Laurel after the switch to Grubb at quarterback. Who played quarterback for South in the Whitley game?

Fultz and Grubb.
Colonels have been on a dry spell. How long has it been since their last playoff win? Expect that to end Friday.
pjdoug Wrote:it's been a while. seems like forever ago.

Amazing how fast 10 years passes by isn't it?
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Amazing how fast 10 years passes by isn't it?

Yeah. it goes by too fast for sure.
Ok this game is Thursday night.........Right :popcorn:
Best of luck to Dougie's Colonels. Better not overlook the Pats. You gonna shoot the fireworks off the hill when Whitley scores Thursday Dougie? Or do they still do that?
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I'm voting that, too. I said the same thing in the 1/4 match up thread. Lincoln has lost several very close games. And, the two common opponents they both have are VERY SIMILAR in scores (both beat North Laurel, Whitley beat South 34-25 & Lincoln lost to south 42-35).

Lincoln has lost to two District Champions in East Jessamine (4A) and Madison Southern (5A), both by a TD. Two other losses by just a TD came to Casey County (49-42) who is in the midst of their best season in history & a very strong Garrard County team (14-7).

All year it seems like Whitley has been in a similar boat as UK.
Hard to gauge how good they are because so many teams they play are way down this year (or awful). It was a perfect storm of rebuilding years on Whitleys schedule while the two games they played against experienced teams were both losses.

This game could go either way. I could see them beating Lincoln like Rock did last week or losing to them in the same fashion North did earlier in the year.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:They lost their sophomore QB the first game of the year who was by far their best player and a very special talent. Even with him gone, they have lost several games by a TD or less; five to be exact. They've score points. They are 1-9, but if it's any consolation, they could VERY easily be 6-4.

Two of those five teams they lost to by a TD or less were District Champs in within their respected class(es) in East Jessamine (4A), Madison Southern (5A). Lost to Garrard County by a TD who is in the toughest district in all of 3A and Casey County who has had the best year in their schools history by far.

Lincoln and Whitley County have two common opponent's and that's North Laurel. Both won that game. Then there is South Laurel. Whitley won 34-25 & Lincoln lost 42-35.

I wouldn't sleep on them. If Lincoln has Whitley's schedule, I'm not so sure their record is much different than the Colonels.

It hasn't happened many times, but even before the six class system, I remember back in '94 or '95 in the old four class system; 4 Seed Central Hardin at 1-9 went down to 1 seed Christian County and upset them.

I'm well aware of all this. This was they same argument I made for the Lincoln vs Rock game and they got beaten like a red headed stepchild that talked back at the dinner table! :ChairHit::ChairHit:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
E's Army Wrote:Lincoln County played South Laurel after the switch to Grubb at quarterback. Who played quarterback for South in the Whitley game?

Fultz played all but about 45 seconds of that game. In which Grubb threw a 45 or 75 yard td pass in the last minute after Fultz got hurt.
Going to this one for sure. :Cheerlead.....Go Whitley County you will need my helped from the bleachers. :partyhard
64SUR you can buy me a hot dog
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:2006 when Larry French was leading the ship. Lincoln won 31-18

Was that the year Lincoln had the two kids from New Orleans after Katrina
E's Army Wrote:Colonels have been on a dry spell. How long has it been since their last playoff win? Expect that to end Friday.

2012 last playoff win. 2008 state semi finalist.
papagrit Wrote:Best of luck to Dougie's Colonels. Better not overlook the Pats. You gonna shoot the fireworks off the hill when Whitley scores Thursday Dougie? Or do they still do that?

no more explosives.
64SUR Wrote:Going to this one for sure. :Cheerlead.....Go Whitley County you will need my helped from the bleachers. :partyhard

get on the bandwagon. stay sober and don't fall off.
E's Army Wrote:Was that the year Lincoln had the two kids from New Orleans after Katrina

Larry French or Lincoln County for that matter never had two kids from New Orleans
speakthetruth Wrote:Larry French or Lincoln County for that matter never had two kids from New Orleans

Correct.