Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 48 Boone County 28
Boone terrible. They won 1 game all year They were averaging barely 10 points. And they score their season high 28 points on Highlands. How can you not stop that?
Congrats to Highlands
bo67 Wrote:Boone terrible. They won 1 game all year They were averaging barely 10 points. And they score their season high 28 points on Highlands. How can you not stop that?

I know you don't follow Highlands, but assume something crazy happened and you got to be a coach at Highlands, what would you do differently on defense?
Not run a 3-4 defense. Rather a 4-3. LBs would be closer to line of scrimmage. Not 6 or 7 yards off. And play my best players both ways. Believe me. They'd be in shape to do it. I would sub with athletes I could trust to give starters a couple plays off during the game. In spot situations. If I have 100 on the team. Surely I can find about16 to 18 guys to accomplish what I want
bo67 Wrote:Not run a 3-4 defense. Rather a 4-3. LBs would be closer to line of scrimmage. Not 6 or 7 yards off. And play my best players both ways. Believe me. They'd be in shape to do it. I would sub with athletes I could trust to give starters a couple plays off during the game. In spot situations. If I have 100 on the team. Surely I can find about16 to 18 guys to accomplish what I want

Are you aware that Highlands runs a 4-3 now? BTW, there aren't 100 boys on varsity.
See I don't follow them. 4-3 ok. Hell. I might go to 5-2 at times. 100, 80, 70 or whatever kids. I'd find what I need. My DBs would be on the line. Squared up on receivers outside shoulder. No free release. Push them inside at snap. Take away out, fade, deep flag And maybe even the seam. But most of all. At snap with the jam. Hopefully throws off timing. And if it's s run. Gotta read it. DBs already up to make a play. With LBs coming. And safety support. LBs key is. Read the screen and flare pass.
If they run twin receivers etc. Safeties walk up. They have to have 4 in the backfield. Outside LBs take away the slant. But on all this you MUST play disciplined football.