Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 3A Playoff Projections
REGION 1:
D1: (1) Caldwell County vs. D2 (4) Hart County (Owns TB over Edmonson County)
D1: (2) Paducah Tilghman vs. D2 (3) LaRue County
D2: (1) Elizabethtown vs. D1 (4) Fort Campbell
D2: (2) Adair County vs. D1 (3) Union County

REGION 2:
D3: (1) Central vs. D4 (4) Garrard County
D3: (2) Bardstown vs. D4 (3) Western Hills
D4: (1) Lexington Catholic vs. D3 (4) Waggener
D4: (2) Boyle County vs. D3 (3) Moore

REGION 3:
D5: (1) Russell vs. D6 (4) ??? (Sheldon Clark is not participating in playoffs, leaves 3 teams only)
D5: (2) Fleming County vs. D6 (3) Lawrence County
D6: (1) Belfry vs. D5 (4) Bath County
D6: (2) Pike County Central vs. D5 (3) West Carter

REGION 4:
D7: (1) Estill County vs. D8 (4) Jackson County
D7: (2) Breathitt County vs. D8 (3) Bell County
D8: (1) Corbin vs. D7 (4) Knott County Central
D8: (2) Casey County vs. D7 (3) Powell County
I predict a Region 1 Championship game between Tilghman, and Caldwell. I think it could go either way despite what happened when they met a few weeks ago.
BTW, these are listed by district rankings not by the actual matchups for 2nd round
Belfry vs. Central... State Championship for the 100th time it seems!
Belfry wins it all, in convincing fashion
I think you are giving PT too much credit. Almost beaten by Trigg. Fort Campbell handed them the game in the 2nd qtr with 5 turnovers. Union played them minus at least their 3 best players. PT is still the same undisciplined team they have always been. The scores just haven't shown it lately because the opposition has been equally inept. It will show up when they play a good team again.
Caldwell Co. will dominate PT........again.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:I think you are giving PT too much credit. Almost beaten by Trigg. Fort Campbell handed them the game in the 2nd qtr with 5 turnovers. Union played them minus at least their 3 best players. PT is still the same undisciplined team they have always been. The scores just haven't shown it lately because the opposition has been equally inept. It will show up when they play a good team again.

Yeah the Union Co and Fort Campbell games were two of the closest 50 point blowouts I have ever seen. PT was lucky to get out of those with wins.
I will be interested to see the Corbin/Belfry game. Will be a good measuring stick for coach Haddix and his boys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Bigblue78 Wrote:Yeah the Union Co and Fort Campbell games were two of the closest 50 point blowouts I have ever seen. PT was lucky to get out of those with wins.

Confusednicker:
Ghostofjoey Wrote:I think you are giving PT too much credit. Almost beaten by Trigg. Fort Campbell handed them the game in the 2nd qtr with 5 turnovers. Union played them minus at least their 3 best players. PT is still the same undisciplined team they have always been. The scores just haven't shown it lately because the opposition has been equally inept. It will show up when they play a good team again.

Those 3 Union players must be first team All-American if they could have covered those 50 points.

And those FC turnovers were forced fumbles, they didn't just hand them off to PT
Region 2 is going to be good you got three teams that could make it