Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCreary Central 59 Pineville 36
McCreary led by 2 + TD whole 2nd half. Raiders 5-2 on season.:notbad:
Congratulations Raiders!! Great team effort! Raiders had to many weapons for Pineville!!
Congratulations McCreary County :Cheerlead Now what's going on with Pineville this year must be the defense for sure. :pondering:
Raiders roll!
mccreary should have got back in there district this year they would have beaten a few in there district for sure
My guess is they would have if they could but it goes in two year cycles so they can't get back in until next year. I think there's a real good chance McCreary could have beat out Jackson Co for the fourth playoff spot
Congrats to the Raiders, they are ready to get back to distirict play...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pineville looking at another 3 seed and a trip to hazard..
McCreary played a very good football game last night. Halftime Score 14-8 McCreary lead. The 2nd half was dominated by McCreary Central. They were the team that played with determination and physicality. In my opinion the should have removed any doubt about getting back in District next year. Go Raiders !!!
What a huge win for the Raiders! Happy to see it!
OldJacket Wrote:Congrats to the Raiders, they are ready to get back to distirict play...

This game, the numbers MC has dressed out and the fact they have 29 Jr. and So. , a 5-2 record and work put into season should satisfy the hardest critic.:HitWall: Go Raiders.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:This game, the numbers MC has dressed out and the fact they have 29 Jr. and So. , a 5-2 record and work put into season should satisfy the hardest critic.:HitWall: Go Raiders.

I also feel McCreary should return to Dist. play next season. Casey has a lot of key Sr. players and Bell looks to be on down cycle. Should be a good year for the Raiders to return to Dist. play.:redboxer:
Hounds will be a beast next year
Campers played Raiders much closer than Lions. Are they favorites in district?
hounds loose a lot this year but they'll still be a pretty good football team
McCreary could be a legit contender for second in the district next year.

If McCreary wins one more game I believe it will be only the second winning season in their history, if they win 2 more it will be the best season they have ever had winning percentage wise. I believe the best record is 09 (7-4). What a tremendous accomplishment in a short period of time!
Very happy to see McCreary County winning games but as far as competing in the district they will be in, I just don't think they are ready for that. There are no Jenkins, Fort Knox, Berea, etc in THAT district. Hope they continue to grow and get better but they still have a long way to go before talk of finishing high in the district next year.
Copperhead11 Wrote:Very happy to see McCreary County winning games but as far as competing in the district they will be in, I just don't think they are ready for that. There are no Jenkins, Fort Knox, Berea, etc in THAT district. Hope they continue to grow and get better but they still have a long way to go before talk of finishing high in the district next year.

There ready next year, they have played in tough districts before. They can compete for No. 2 spot next year. If they go 7-3, 8-2 this year, which is likely staying out of district play cannot be justified.
Nothing against Pineville but beating Pineville by 3 TD's does not warrant one thinking they can b a 2 seed in that district. I do however think they should return to district play and commend the Raiders for their much improved play
JerryGarcia Wrote:Nothing against Pineville but beating Pineville by 3 TD's does not warrant one thinking they can b a 2 seed in that district. I do however think they should return to district play and commend the Raiders for their much improved play

#1 Corbin will be very good #2 Bell will be down from this year and even die hard Bell fans will tell you they are a long way from being the Bell of days gone by. #3 Casey has had a Great year and lose several playmakers and McCreary should be able to compete with them year in and year out. #4 Jackson will be Jackson and McCreary can Compete year in and year out. A couple years back no one would have said Casey would put a whipping on Bell, so to say McCreary can't finish 2nd is out I left field. I will not put that pressure on them and say you should finish 2nd. I will say congratulations on a good year, Win out. Go into OFF Season and work hard in Wt. Room and on Plyo's and let no one tell you that you can't compete with Teams in this District. With 35 kids coming Back do not let people put limits on what you can accomplish.:ChairHit:
JerryGarcia Wrote:Nothing against Pineville but beating Pineville by 3 TD's does not warrant one thinking they can b a 2 seed in that district. I do however think they should return to district play and commend the Raiders for their much improved play

I did not say they would be no. 2 I am saying they can legitimately compete for it - big difference. Bell is down, Casey loses a lot, etc. McCreary will return a lot from a good squad - so where is it you think they should not be able to compete for a No. 2 spot?

I am not saying they will beat Bell and Casey - both teams have good staffs and will battle hard but the Raiders have decent shot to compete with them.
Maybe so, I wish them the best of luck
Cellking Wrote:to say McCreary can't finish 2nd is out I left field.:ChairHit:

It's not out of left field, it's a statement made based on years of lack of success. In fact, they lost to Lynn Camp this year, who i don't think is on the level of playing for 2nd in a 3A District.

They've done all they can do this year, based on their schedule. I'll be pulling for them the rest of this year, and hopefully in a district next.