Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caldwell Co. 45 Paducah Tilghman 20
Tilghman is just embarrassingly bad on defense. I can't see Caldwell making much of a playoff run either. There were Caldwell TD receptions without a PT defender within 10 yards.
I can see caldwell making a run to december, but a lot of that has to do with the West in 3a being very down this year. Whoever makes finals from the West will get embarassed.
The game was not close, crowd was terrible. Nobody at the game, as they tried to honor Coach Allan Cox.
Congrats to Caldwell County.
So far the dream team of coaching, as PT faithful billed it, is being flushed down the drain. If they do two things, they will again be successful.

1) Remove Wyatt from the staff. ( most important thing to do)

2) Get a defensive coordinator.
Wyatt being there or not being there would have had minimal impact on the outcome. The problems run deeper than that. I dont have as much of a problem with a secondary player getting beat by a step as I do with a defensive scheme that allows multiple uncontested long receptions - no defenders within 10-15 yards. These are dark days indeed for PT football. Hate it for loyal fans, parents, alumni and players. They deserve better than they are getting on Fridays.
There is help on the way. If McCracken goes to school uniforms for student, you will see a large influx of kids switching to PT. Also, once the kids at McCracken realize they can't beat the teams that matter with all that talent, they will return to PT to have a longer playoff run in their futures.
^too funny!
Really, uniforms for the students or no uniforms for the students will not affect sports at McCracken County just like those who lived in the county not flocking to the city, Marshalll County etc.
PT does not have many loyal fans, they were already giving Barber down the road from the stands. Caldwell Co. had twice as many fans there. They are still living in the late 80s, they do not have a realistic picture of PT now. They expect everybody to be intimidated by the PT name. It's not happening anymore.

They are not in the same category as the elite teams of WK anymore.
Depending on where you draw the line, (east or west of Bowling Green) there is one consistent elite team in Western Ky and that is Mayfield. Fort Campbell used to be good but not since Berner left. Most everyone else is hit or miss. Sometimes up for a few years and sometimes down.
PT and Mayfield can not even be mentioned in the same sentence.