Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graves Co. 43 Tilghman 42
Wild game. Tilghman scored with six seconds left to win, but a flag showed up after the score. Refs took Tilghman's TD off the scoreboard. Graves wins by one.
Congrats Graves
I still can't figure out the last penalty

Personal foul illegal receiver downfield
I can't believe this one.
If you saw the last 20 seconds you wouldn't believe it
Tica Wrote:Wild game. Tilghman scored with six seconds left to win, but a flag showed up after the score. Refs took Tilghman's TD off the scoreboard. Graves wins by one.

And that was immediately after Graves runs in for the go ahead td with a holding penalty against Graves on the play, the refs confer and then wave off the flag for holding and give Graves the score. Graves goes up by 1 on the extra point. So the refs actively intervened twice in the final 2 minutes of the game. Once to give Graves a score and a second time to take one away from PT
I'll try to explain it as best as I can, but a lot of stuff happened in a short time and it was very confusing to say the least. And before anyone cries sour grapes I am just describing what happened.

With around 20 seconds left, PT had a 42- 36 lead. Graves was in the PT redzone when they ran a naked bootleg to the right; the PT CB was really the only one in position to make a play, but he was clearly held by the Graves WR, and the sideline judge whom was right there immediately threw the flag and waved off the TD. But then the refs got together, had a discussion, waved off the flag, and awarded the TD to put graves up 43-42 after the XP.

PT then takes over the kickoff, and on 2nd down from their own 24 or 25 hits a bomb to score with approximately 4 seconds left. While the players were celebrating in the end zone; an official on the far side of the field threw a flag out. I assumed it was excessive celebration, but he immediately began waving everyone back.

The call was this:
Illegal Receiver downfield, personal foul ?

The officials then moved the ball back to the Graves 40 yard line. Remember, PT threw the ball from their own 24, so somehow the play got called back but PT advanced the ball 36 yards?
That one is a mystery
The following play was an incomplete pass, game over.
It should set up a hotly contested game next week between crosstown rivals.
Mayfield will need to add another digit to their scoreboard. Graves is slow.
Mathis and Grant have good speed. Outside of that, well let's say they better keep us in front of them.