Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the two big boys that went from jbs to perry eligible
I heard that they were suppose to hear something today. Has anybody heard
I haven't heard anything - been out of the loop on basketball stuff lately.

Last I heard was they were ruled ineligible initially, but were appealing and were supposed to hear back in a few days - that was last week.
I talked to the coach and they were suppose to hear something today
?????
This must be on the hush hush. Not a word being mentioned across town. We are rebuilding at Hazard so it really won't effect us. I bet Letcher, Leslie, Cordia and Knott are hoping it doesn't happen.

:poker face:
hitter Wrote:I heard that they were suppose to hear something today. Has anybody heard

[Image:

]

More mash taters please!!!
Someone said they got eligible but I've not heard anything definite
Has PCC ever not gotten a transfer eligible?? I don't think it has ever happened nor do I think it will happen now. They will be eligible along with the other transfers that will be there this year.
When is the last time there was a transfer that actually had to sit the whole year?
Pay for play or is that just in Politics
they will be by Oct 31st is what I was told
From what I've heard - and this is all just from the typical talking heads in the county - the eligibility was contested in the sense that these two shouldn't have been eligible at JBS.

To me, it's awfully odd this just now comes up.
zaga_fan Wrote:From what I've heard - and this is all just from the typical talking heads in the county - the eligibility was contested in the sense that these two shouldn't have been eligible at JBS.

[Image:

]

#quadruplewowza More mash taters please!!!
Didn't Perry Central get the kid that played for Team Manimal in the summer from Illinois as well, Nico Johnson?
Yes Nico is living with Robbie Fields. Perry will be loaded.
So he can be eligible just randomly living with someone

Interesting
He is not enrolled at perry this is a myth. Also the two kids from jbs is not elidigible al holland asked Julian Tackett last week at the khsaa AD meeting last week about those two boys and he said they were not elidigible he said they had a lawyer and they were in contact with the KHSAA lawyer. Bottom line those kids are F1 visa students someone is responsible for about 10,000 each maybe a little more depending on the cost to educate a kid in perry school district. That is not a law that can be waved that is federal law. The students host family cannot pay the total unsubsidized cost of tuition in perry co. Even randy Napier said their is no way they can be elidigible to play. Perry may try to pull some kind of perry circuit judge ruling by injunction but that is risky and stands a chance of being overruled just before tournament time by Kentucky court of appeals.
Got to love intrigue of 14th region recruiting.
TaintAnewPat Wrote:He is not enrolled at perry this is a myth. Also the two kids from jbs is not elidigible al holland asked Julian Tackett last week at the khsaa AD meeting last week about those two boys and he said they were not elidigible he said they had a lawyer and they were in contact with the KHSAA lawyer. Bottom line those kids are F1 visa students someone is responsible for about 10,000 each maybe a little more depending on the cost to educate a kid in perry school district. That is not a law that can be waved that is federal law. The students host family cannot pay the total unsubsidized cost of tuition in perry co. Even randy Napier said their is no way they can be elidigible to play. Perry may try to pull some kind of perry circuit judge ruling by injunction but that is risky and stands a chance of being overruled just before tournament time by Kentucky court of appeals.

First, I don't even know where these kids stand at this point.

But when was the last time any kid playing on an injunction was pulled from a team before tournament play?

Cordia did that several years in a row and never had a problem - Typically when the KHSAA makes their final ruling they are so far into the season the court proceedings aren't over until the following season.

If 20k was all that stood in between these kids and eligibility, they would have been eligible.
Lets be honest here, if a kid needs eligible, all it takes is a lawyer.
Simple as that.
You just have to apply for eligibility and make sure its cleared in enough time to where they can be playing at the start of the year. Sometimes people wait UNTIL someone questions it. You need to be cleared and good to go in the summer and being it up yourselves.
Im curious if this is ever going to come to a head though. Eventually this will be blown up at a state wide level.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Lets be honest here, if a kid needs eligible, all it takes is a lawyer.
Simple as that.
You just have to apply for eligibility and make sure its cleared in enough time to where they can be playing at the start of the year. Sometimes people wait UNTIL someone questions it. You need to be cleared and good to go in the summer and being it up yourselves.
Im curious if this is ever going to come to a head though. Eventually this will be blown up at a state wide level.

Well the KHSAA will never be able to bypass the court system.
The injunctions require proof of "irreparable damage" if the kids don't get to play - and for most of them it's easy to prove because being forced to sit out could mean they don't get the scholarship they could get if they play.
For this to be stopped, a higher court would have to overrule one of these injunctions and set a precedent.

Another thing is that we wouldn't be having this conversation if these kids weren't any good at basketball. If these kids were talented musicians, good actors, artists, students, etc., they would be able to transfer and compete with the academic team or band competitions without a second thought - But because they are athletes they are treated differently. Even if these kids were basketball players that weren't any good, we wouldn't be talking about it right now.
zaga_fan Wrote:Well the KHSAA will never be able to bypass the court system.
The injunctions require proof of "irreparable damage" if the kids don't get to play - and for most of them it's easy to prove because being forced to sit out could mean they don't get the scholarship they could get if they play.
For this to be stopped, a higher court would have to overrule one of these injunctions and set a precedent

Another thing is that we wouldn't be having this conversation if these kids weren't any good at basketball. If these kids were talented musicians, good actors, artists, students, etc., they would be able to transfer and compete with the academic team or band competitions without a second thought - But because they are athletes they are treated differently. Even if these kids were basketball players that weren't any good, we wouldn't be talking about it right now.

Not saying it isn't the case but if it is the case why did David Sloan end up moving out of state. Did Ballard not try to file an injunction, hard to believe they didn't know about that as a possibility.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Not saying it isn't the case but if it is the case why did David Sloan end up moving out of state. Did Ballard not try to file an injunction, hard to believe they didn't know about that as a possibility.

Maybe he wanted to play the full season and not wait on a judge's decision.
Everyone does what they think is best for them.
kryptonite Wrote:Has PCC ever not gotten a transfer eligible?? I don't think it has ever happened nor do I think it will happen now. They will be eligible along with the other transfers that will be there this year.

Everybody gets eligible at PCC.
Yes. Ben bowling when he moved back from Florida and the courts wouldn't give him an injunction
None of the kids are eligible. I heard they were going to have to go to court.
This recruiting is pathetic! Can't these communities and programs develop kids. Must not be capable coaching around town for their early years
you know they will be. the KHSAA make every player PCC get eligible.
zaga_fan Wrote:From what I've heard - and this is all just from the typical talking heads in the county - the eligibility was contested in the sense that these two shouldn't have been eligible at JBS.

how could they not be eligible at JBS. JBS is a Private school. so they can go out and get all 15 player from out of state. they will be eligible from the time they step foot over there.
if they are the two boys I am thinking about, that was way they went to JBS from Hazard. they was ineligible at Hazard, and when they went to JBS they was eligible.
Not the same two boys but jbs has to go by the same rules as everybody else to be a member no matter if they are private or not