Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry-47 Harlan County-13
Total domination by Belfry. Belfry took out a majority of the starters before the half with running clock.

Respect to Harlan for not giving up. This will probably be the last meeting of the series between these fine programs. I hate to see it end. The Harlan County fanbase is one of the best in the mountains, nothing but class.

In the coming weeks, I am looking forward to Belfry getting punched in the mouth and seeing how they respond. Tough 4 game stretch coming up:

@ Newport Catholic - KY Class AA State Runner-up
@ Pikeville - KY Class A State Champs
@ Knoxville Catholic - TN Class 4A State Champs
Cabell Midland, WV - WV Class 3A Semi-Finalist
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry will name the score against NewCath and my Panthers...the other two games could be great match ups
Knox Catholic is TN 4A champs and Midland got beat in the WV semis by Capital.
Thanks Bucslover, I have corrected the info.
For the record KnoxCath is absolutely ROLLING

They have beat three very good traditional powerhouses (Morristownn West, CPA, and Knoxville Central) by a combined score of 157-49

If both teams keep up their pace this will most likely be two teams ranked in the Top 100 in the country by Maxpreps when they meet.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For the record KnoxCath is absolutely ROLLING

They have beat three very good traditional powerhouses (Morristownn West, CPA, and Knoxville Central) by a combined score of 157-49

If both teams keep up their pace this will most likely be two teams ranked in the Top 100 in the country by Maxpreps when they meet.

Scary...:yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Harlan County fans who went - please offer your take. I didn't get to watch, only listen.
I think as the season started a lot of teams were hoping Belfry would have some sort of weakness somewhere that would allow even the possibility of someone being able to give them a game. It is certainly not looking that way so far and no matter if the season ends with another championship or not, I hope these kids and their community take the time to fully understand the amazing accomplishments they have made these last 4 years. The possibility of 4 straight championships is unheard of around these parts.
I didn't get to go to this game, and am very sorry that I didn't.

I am proud of the Black Bears for not giving up!!

Congratulations Pirates, on your victory!!

BelfryPride......I will see you in Bowling Green!
Wink
I'll be there!
PaytoPlay Wrote:Harlan County fans who went - please offer your take. I didn't get to watch, only listen.
I'll give you my take. Simply put, Belfry is unstoppable this year and in another league. BUT, let me also say HC dresses 70-80 players and yet the same 11 is on the field all the time for the exception of a few. HC has some big kids, but I'm not sure strength training is a big part of this program. Weak as water is what I'm saying. I see why most off season has been conditioning, it's because the same kids will be on the field every snap. They will do decent in the district, but let's be honest, that's the worst district in any class so that's not saying much. I've seen both of the Pirates games, there is no slow start so far, like in years past. Belfry will be in BG and will blowout any 3A team that shows up to play them. I know I'll be there to watch them win their 4th straight.
I didn't see the Belfry game, but it looked like none of the five starting offensive linemen were playing defense when I saw them earlier. They've alternated four or five running backs.