Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCracken Co. 41 Paducah Tilghman 6
Tilghman fans were cheering when PT made a tackle, any tackle, sort of tells one how the afternoon went.
First, the savior needs help. That is the worst that I personally have ever seen PT look. What I saw, leads me to believe that Fort Campbell may beat PT in district play.

Next, when you are getting your brains beat in, you cannot continue to throw the ball three incomplete passes and punt. You are making the game longer and giving the opponent more opportunities to score. At least if you run the ball three times and then punt, you take 2 minutes off the clock.

Lastly, you cannot let recievers have a 20 yard safe zone to catch a ball and then run. It was way too easy. I left thinking how let down I was. PT has a long way to go before they are ready to compete.
mysonis55 Wrote:First, the savior needs help. That is the worst that I personally have ever seen PT look. What I saw, leads me to believe that Fort Campbell may beat PT in district play.

Next, when you are getting your brains beat in, you cannot continue to throw the ball three incomplete passes and punt. You are making the game longer and giving the opponent more opportunities to score. At least if you run the ball three times and then punt, you take 2 minutes off the clock.

Lastly, you cannot let recievers have a 20 yard safe zone to catch a ball and then run. It was way too easy. I left thinking how let down I was. PT has a long way to go before they are ready to compete.

I hope this is the last time we here about PT 55 on BGR Confusednicker:
Wow.....this one caught me completely off guard. But....pretty typical of a team being led by a first year coach. Poor special teams play....no offensive continuity. way to early to write PT just yet.....
Congrats to McCracken. Are they good or PT bad?
Tica Wrote:Tilghman fans were cheering when PT made a tackle, any tackle, sort of tells one how the afternoon went.

They even cheered PT's missed extra point Confusednicker: with great enthusiasm.

I've been waiting a long time to see a beating like that!! Enjoyed every second of it.
Congrats to MC. It was just an embarrassing performance on an otherwise beautiful afternoon. Most disappointing was the seeming inability of PT's coaches to change the game plan. At best, PT's O-line could give their QB 2 seconds of protection. Yet, they continued to try to throw the ball the rest of the game (running clock second half.)

It is hard to say how good McCracken is because of how weak Tilghman looked. Could be McCracken is lights out this year but I will withhold judgment until the Mayfield game.
I doubt we find out much about McCracken the next couple of weeks. I don't see Warren Central or Madisonville giving them much competition. We'll know more in 3 weeks when Mayfield comes calling. I doubt Mayfield gets much competition the next couple of weeks either against Marshall Co and Tilghman, so, both should be 3-0 going in and needing each other as a measuring stick. Should setup to be a great game..
Caught me by surprise, thought it would be a better game. I think Tilghman had 3 penalties on first defensive series. Quarterback is new and young, it is a wonder he was not hurt as he was running for his life. On their only score he ran from his on 5 yard line for a 1st down and scrambled for a couple pass plays and finally scored against 2nd or 3rd defense. I've never ever seen Tilghman dominated by anyone this way other than many years ago when they played Little Rock Central Arkansas.
Tica Wrote:Tilghman fans were cheering when PT made a tackle, any tackle, sort of tells one how the afternoon went.

I thought Tilghman would be much improved. seems they are worse.
64SUR Wrote:I hope this is the last time we here about PT 55 on BGR Confusednicker:

I hope so too :biggrin:
This game has proven that 3a district 1 is a 1 horse district. Caldwell will tap dance around Ft Campbell, PT or Trigg County. I think PT and Ft Campbell will be an epic battle. That's right, PT has slipped as far as the Fort. It's a shame that 2 powerhouse programs have fallen so far.
Where has all the PT speed gone?
Central Hardin - More physical than MCHS. Mayfield - More fundamental than MCHS. Tornado's drop the first three in a BAD kinda of way. Beaten up and beat down. Gonna be a long season. They will regret running Rogers off, its a shame they didn't understand what they had. In today's high school football world, now is not the time to struggle for competitiveness. This could be the death nail for that program for a while. Good middle-schooler's will flock to MCHS and others. Trouble, big trouble.
E's Army Wrote:Where has all the PT speed gone?

Freeman was always going to focus on Track.
I don't think PT will have a problem with taking 2nd in the district. The Graves Co and Madisonville games are big question marks. If they can't pull out a win in one of those expect an 0-6 start. If so, it will be interesting how many players quit on the new staff. Heard one of the top players had already left/quit the team (prior to week 0).

If PT loses a district game outside of Caldwell, then that will be shocking. Beat a down Murray team to finish 4-6. No shame in 4 of those losses. If PT played a schedule such as Adair Co, they most likely finish 10-0 or 9-1 at worst.

It wouldn't be a stretch to see them play Caldwell in the Region Finals, which would be their ceiling. Adair Co hasn't proved they can win the bigger games. Etown appears to be way down too.
Glory, I think Ft Campbell will give them all they want and may beat them. They could be third or even last in their district.
I hear you 55, and that wouldn't bother me one bit :biggrin: You saw the Fort first hand, so you have a better feel. The Q2 (Bell and Jones), Mayes, and Daniel kept Ferrell on the run. He did an outstanding job just to survive several of those plays. The teams that can't create that kind of pressure will allow most of those quick hitters to which the new OC is known. PT still has speed once in space, the new RB (Alec Gold) from Anna-Jonesboro IL showed potential, and Colbe Crim wasn't available due to minor injury.

If Fort Campbell has an advantage on both lines and can throw the ball better than in the past, then maybe. I still don't see it unless there is a complete come apart / drama fest in big blue land :popcorn: This will be interesting to see how it all plays out. This year is at PT as well.
PT may very well have pitched their worst game ever, but they are far from being done.
They started 12 sophomores, and only returned 4 players with any varsity playing time. They have a LOT of work to do and have to improve a LOT.
But as far as this being the end???? You don't become one of the winningest programs in the NATION by your performance in one game or one season.

PT has one 2 games in the series
MC has one 2 games in the series