Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd County 24 Lawrence County 20
final
Congrats Boyd County
Boyd made this a lot harder than it should have been. Boyd QB had 4 turnovers. 3 int and a fumble. Just a sophomore though. Did some good things too. Boyd defense should get the credit.
Congrats to Boyd co, Lawrence county will have lots more growing pains as we're so young at every position. I honestly don't know if Boyd co. Is better than last year, I don't mean that in a bad way. The dawgs defense was on the field way to much. Gotta keep working and I see lc getting better and better ever week.
Congrats to Boyd.
Hats off to Boyd County on the win. LC defense played pretty good and caused a lot of turnovers and kept us in the game but the offense just couldn't get out of it's own way with a ton of penalties. Great game to watch though from a football fan perspective. Both teams played their guts out.
I'll take it. With as young as we are everywhere and the experience that Boyd has I was afraid this game might get away from us. Looks like coach short has this very young team clicking right along. A lot of mistakes made in this game that you would expect from a young team but I have a funny feeling that with the coaching we have that this team will look night and day different then now by playoff time. In the recent past this team would take two steps back as the season went. Make no mistake this experienced Boyd team gave us some trouble last season with all the experience, speed and talent we had and they returned a lot so I think we did pretty good.
Sounds like a really exciting game. Stay positive Lawrence County....anytime you have a coaching change coming off a VERY good run in rural-small town communities you just have to expect growing pains. It's part of it.

Best of luck to Boyd County moving forward, and keep your heads up Bulldogs.....
Do-double-gg Wrote:I'll take it. With as young as we are everywhere and the experience that Boyd has I was afraid this game might get away from us. Looks like coach short has this very young team clicking right along. A lot of mistakes made in this game that you would expect from a young team but I have a funny feeling that with the coaching we have that this team will look night and day different then now by playoff time.

:notworthyTongueirateSho
Sounded like a decent game. Congratulation's to Boyd Co. As for the Dawgs just learn from what mistakes was made and build off the positive. Good luck next week.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I'll take it. With as young as we are everywhere and the experience that Boyd has I was afraid this game might get away from us. Looks like coach short has this very young team clicking right along. A lot of mistakes made in this game that you would expect from a young team but I have a funny feeling that with the coaching we have that this team will look night and day different then now by playoff time. In the recent past this team would take two steps back as the season went. Make no mistake this experienced Boyd team gave us some trouble last season with all the experience, speed and talent we had and they returned a lot so I think we did pretty good.

You seem to always talk about the coaching in past years in negative terms, but you fail to mention the fact that LC was the region runner-up 2 years in a row to Belfry. I think that is very accomplished considering the fact you were in a region with a team that has won 3 straight state titles.
i DIDNT pick catwoman, I am sorry. I am Gary Clay. Very proud of coach short and how good of a job he has done with not alot of experience. Dawgs will bey beyyer and Blake is building some players for the future at the middle schools. Exciting time, especially for players because a kid can become a man in front of your own eyes and grap a starting position. I especially encouage freshman and first year players.
It was nice to see the dawgs take a knee and pray like they did under Cecil during pre game . In a society of everyone getting offended it's a nice gesture.
Nice win for Boyd Co. Congrats!
Good win for Boyd!
They were a lot of mistakes made in the Offensive side of the ball. It looks as though we are trying to run an option offense. It will just take time.
Have got to do a better job of throwing the ball at least enough to be a threat. With that being said, the qb has to know to tuck it and run or throw it away instead of throwing it whether the wr is open or covered. It did seem like the passes were only gonna go to one person whether they was covered or not. New qb so there is a bunch for him to soak in. I just hate seeing the ball thrown to a pre-determined wr even if he is double or triple covered. I think it would be good if teams could have one more scrimmage game in before the season starts. I guess in a way..these non district games are pretty much scrimmages.
Dude why don't you kick rocks and get over yourself. I have nothing but good things to say about a loss and negative things with the old coach so that should tell you something. We just graduated a ton of talent the last two years and I like a lot of people feel like we were underachieving a lot of the time. We had seniors with no fundamentals to even tackle properly and people who really know football could see it. Several years ago when we were playing pretty good football our defense was our weakness and we all know who was running the D at that time. All I'm saying is some people just ain't cut out to be a head coach and some are and I think we have one now who is so let's all be happy about that. With your username and how you defend some of the older coaching it makes me think I know who you are.
Convrats to the Lions. Imo, they have been making strides in the last few years. If they can manage a .500 season or better, this program will start to make a turnaround. Not much different than Greenup was when Mullins tookover. Boyd is due.
Boyd is in for a long year.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Boyd is in for a long year.

Whatever....You're making this statement in a thread about Boyd winning the first game of the year??? That makes absolutely no sense....and with what I would say will be AT LEAST a .500 season that "prediction" really sounds like a simple lack of knowledge on your part. And if anyone doubts a .500 season is possible, keep in mind, they still play Lewis, S. Point, Rowan, and East Carter. And I think they will pull one off against either Russell, Ashland or Greenup. Not sure why I'm even giving this comment any attention, but time will tell. Many people tend to get on here and say things about issues they know nothing about.
Wildcat1 Wrote:Whatever....You're making this statement in a thread about Boyd winning the first game of the year??? That makes absolutely no sense....and with what I would say will be AT LEAST a .500 season that "prediction" really sounds like a simple lack of knowledge on your part. And if anyone doubts a .500 season is possible, keep in mind, they still play Lewis, S. Point, Rowan, and East Carter. And I think they will pull one off against either Russell, Ashland or Greenup. Not sure why I'm even giving this comment any attention, but time will tell. Many people tend to get on here and say things about issues they know nothing about.

Dude....Chill out. Everybody knows they have a cupcake schedule. Never mentioned +/- .500 season. Struggling with LC....who's been decimated with graduation losses and a new coach....one would have thought Boyd would have handled them a little easier.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Dude why don't you kick rocks and get over yourself. I have nothing but good things to say about a loss and negative things with the old coach so that should tell you something. We just graduated a ton of talent the last two years and I like a lot of people feel like we were underachieving a lot of the time. We had seniors with no fundamentals to even tackle properly and people who really know football could see it. Several years ago when we were playing pretty good football our defense was our weakness and we all know who was running the D at that time. All I'm saying is some people just ain't cut out to be a head coach and some are and I think we have one now who is so let's all be happy about that. With your username and how you defend some of the older coaching it makes me think I know who you are.

Dude, my question is this; Who are you to determine if anyone has done a good job coaching? You said the teams in the past "underachieved" Really? I guess you thought they should have beaten Belfry huh? You know, if you don't like the last coach, fine, just say it. Don't get on here and act like you have the master plan about what they should have been taught, run, etc. As far as my identity, I will be happy to tell you who I am, no problem!