Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotty McCoy steps down at Magoffin County
I recently heard that Coach Scotty McCoy has resigned from Magoffin County just 8 days from the start of the season. They were scheduled to scrimmage Lawrence Co tonight but that was canceled. The shocker is that McCoy has already accepted a coaching job at Lawrence Co.! There has got to be something behind the scenes to explain why a HC would abandon his boys 1 week before the season starts.
:yikes:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Sad for the kids and school , when you represent the school and program with sleeveless cut off t-shirts backwards hats and arm ink your days are numbered
That has to be tough for the kids. I agree with EQV in the fact that there was probably something going on behind scenes for the guy to already have a job if it's true.
First I've heard of this. Hate to hear that.
Scotty McCoy is not, nor will be coaching at Lawrence County this year. Let me rephrase that, you might...at some point see him around the program in some capacity on a part time (maybe even less than that) basis. But he is just going there as a teacher.

What I've heard, from a very reliable source close to the situation (never met McCoy in my life), is that McCoy's wife also worked in the district; her job was apparently cut back in the spring due to budget (not fired, but simply cut due to budget). Fast forward to this summer/this week, and his wife was turned away for another job that was posted in the district that she was qualified for.

That was the straw that broke the camels back. I hate to see this for both sides. However, and I hate to say this, but I completely understand his reasoning for this. Coaches, their families, etc., sacrifice and commit so much to these school districts. So much loyalty is given. But then when that same commitment and loyalty is asked to be reciprocated by those in charge of the district......it's often times nowhere to be seen.
Confirmed. This is true.
Any chance we see Scotty on the sidelines at Sheldon Clark this season?
Didn't Magoffin County Schools recently ban sleeveless shirt? I'd say that's probably why
I've known Scotty, his wife and mom & dad way too long to speculate on anything.

No way Scotty would leave Magoffin County 'High & Dry' for no reason. He played on the '01 (2-8), '02 (2-8) and '03 (1-9) Johnson Central teams that were terrible, but he was a major part of Matney's first season at JC that turned the program around in '04 (7-3). The guy loves football.

I can't imagine this was a pre-planned out plot by Lloyd. He did the WYMT Pigskin Preview and seemed excited about getting the season started at MC. 8 days before the season started is better than the day of the first game. As a man with a family, you have to do what you have to do. The timing of this sucks, but, no way anybody can convince me that Scotty would just up and leave 8 days before the season started without something else much deeper in the works.
Wasn't he going to take a job a few years ago and then changed his mind at the last minute?
Total BS.
I already know who coming. Confusedhh: His name hasn't been mention on this thread.
jetpilot Wrote:Wasn't he going to take a job a few years ago and then changed his mind at the last minute?

Was coming to Pikeville I heard but backed out for the Magoffin job at the last second
TigerBlues Wrote:Was coming to Pikeville I heard but backed out for the Magoffin job at the last second

It was his dad that bailed on Paintsville?
jetpilot Wrote:It was his dad that bailed on Paintsville?

Couldn't sign the sleeveless t-shirt contract JP but you almost nailed it :1:
jetpilot Wrote:It was his dad that bailed on Paintsville?

Chester didn't bail out on Paintsville, he resigned for very personal reasons. I don't blame Chester one bit for it, I would have done the same thing.
TigerBlues Wrote:Couldn't sign the sleeveless t-shirt contract JP but you almost nailed it :1:

You've got mental problems man
Redneck Wrote:Chester didn't bail out on Paintsville, he resigned for very personal reasons. I don't blame Chester one bit for it, I would have done the same thing.

Just as I would have very personal reasons for not considering anyone who resigned at the last minute somewhere.
Redneck Wrote:You've got mental problems man

Man I've stayed away from your posts for a reason, good luck to you. Really you should get alive on Twitter again with you're homies. Hell you got a D1 crew if you read their posts but own up and don't delete them, Go Tigers !
64SUR Wrote:I already know who coming. Confusedhh: His name hasn't been mention on this thread.

I heard a rumer that Justin Combs is going up there. Wonder who Clay will get?
I'd say if Justin went there it would be to get closer to home and be with his father more. Which I can't blame him there. But he hasn't mentioned it and his dad hasn't mentioned it. Magoffin is a lot closer than Clay. But like I said I haven't heard anything on this and I'm neighbors with his parents.
TigerBlues Wrote:Man I've stayed away from your posts for a reason, good luck to you. Really you should get alive on Twitter again with you're homies. Hell you got a D1 crew if you read their posts but own up and don't delete them, Go Tigers !
What are you talking about, delete what?