Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestsonsburg vs. Johnson Central
Pair of 6-10 teams going at it here. Whos going to walk away with win #7?
Btw, this game is the 23rd, 6:00 at Johnson Central.
Pburg is startin to come around. Though I don't think they got anyone to stop McCarty, I don't see Ian Welch having the game he has as of late to help out. I'll say Pburg by 5 in this one.
Playing the numbers game, I believe Pburg will win because, Lawrence beat Jc At Lawrence , pburg today beat lawrence at their home. Sheldon Clark went into double overtime on their home floor and on Sc's home floor. Pburg beat them by 15 away. Pburg is finally comming around like everyone said they would.
JC by 10 or more.
If JC plays like the team they are capable of, and finally gets a decent set of officials, they will win by 10. As bad as the SC game was, I saw alot of spark in several players. I think they are tired of all the critism and ready to play. All the recent controversy may work to Starnes and JC favor. I think the kids have had enough and are ready to fight. I am seeing a little fire in Starnes too.

If they do not come ready to play, another long night.
JC Cheer Fan Wrote:If JC plays like the team they are capable of, and finally gets a decent set of officials, they will win by 10. As bad as the SC game was, I saw alot of spark in several players. I think they are tired of all the critism and ready to play. All the recent controversy may work to Starnes and JC favor. I think the kids have had enough and are ready to fight. I am seeing a little fire in Starnes too.

If they do not come ready to play, another long night.

OMG, don't tell me you are serious. I guess that's why they have lost the last 8 out of 9 games or whatever it is, because of bad officiatin.. It doesn't matter if they have a spark or not as long as McCarty is out on the floor. Maybe if they were smart they wouldn't pass him the ball every trip up the floor, then maybe one of the others could do somethin.
Redneck Wrote:OMG, don't tell me you are serious. I guess that's why they have lost the last 8 out of 9 games or whatever it is, because of bad officiatin.. It doesn't matter if they have a spark or not as long as McCarty is out on the floor. Maybe if they were smart they wouldn't pass him the ball every trip up the floor, then maybe one of the others could do somethin.

:dontthink Are you being serious? If McCarty does not shoot the ball we don't win!! I would like to see other players contribute also,but like it or not he must shoot the ball.They have been running their sets better in the last 3 games.They are also hitting the boards stronger than before.The only thing that is off right now is their free throw shooting.I don't understand why you can't see the spark everyone else does,but hey when you don't really take the time to observe the game I guess you would not see it.IMO you spend to much time making smart remarks and bashing certain players to even notice anything!!! I bet your one of those people who silently sit in the stands and hope the Eagles get beat every time they play don't you? If you think you could help the basketball team out and lead them to a 15th Region Championship again this year just come on out to practice and they will let you play no questions asked!! After all someone like you who can point out a teams problems and short comings might be able to turn things around quickly!!! :Thumbs: :lmao:
P-burg in a close one
This was already a thread I started
Cardsfan you are right, the officials are not the reason for the losses. I do think the officiating in the 57th and 15th is awful this year and this can set the tone for the games. Both JC girls and boys have been hurt by calls late in close games, and the Sheldon Clark game the other night takes the cake. The boys game with Paintsville had three referees and was the "one" game this year that was well officatied. Why are games palyed with two officials? When you see certain officials show up before the game and can predict they will make a key call against you, and they do, that is bad! Some people may agree or disagree, that is what this site is for. That is my opinion.
cardsfan Wrote::dontthink Are you being serious? If McCarty does not shoot the ball we don't win!! I would like to see other players contribute also,but like it or not he must shoot the ball.They have been running their sets better in the last 3 games.They are also hitting the boards stronger than before.The only thing that is off right now is their free throw shooting.I don't understand why you can't see the spark everyone else does,but hey when you don't really take the time to observe the game I guess you would not see it.IMO you spend to much time making smart remarks and bashing certain players to even notice anything!!! I bet your one of those people who silently sit in the stands and hope the Eagles get beat every time they play don't you? If you think you could help the basketball team out and lead them to a 15th Region Championship again this year just come on out to practice and they will let you play no questions asked!! After all someone like you who can point out a teams problems and short comings might be able to turn things around quickly!!! :Thumbs: :lmao:

This is what I am talking about. Always so defensive when someone throws alittle constructive criticism towards JC. He was NOT bashing on any certain player. He merely suggested to NOT throw the ball to McCarty EVERY time down the floor. Jamie is a great ball player. But, IMO I think his own school is putting too much pressure on him to win. That's why he shoots as much as he does. I mean all the kid hears is, "we need McCarty to score 30", "we need McCarty on the floor", "Without McCarty JC has no shot". There are at least 14 other players on that team and I have watched almost everyone of those boys play since they were in Grade School and they are good ball players also. Untill they start realizing that they are going to have to step up and start taking some of the load off McCarty. It's going to continue to be a struggle for JC.
JC of course!!
If JC's gameplan is too get it too Mccarty each time down the court, then all Prestonsburg has to do is put Bobby Hughes on him and he'll be on him like white on rice.
blackcat_student Wrote:If JC's gameplan is too get it too Mccarty each time down the court, then all Prestonsburg has to do is put Bobby Hughes on him and he'll be on him like white on rice.

He may be on him...but he won't stop him from scoring.
jc
Jc
JC by 14.
McCarty is going to get his points no matter. If Prestonsburg can hold him to under 25 I think they'll be alright.

Prestonsburg by 10.
JC by 11. McCarty with 34.
cardsfan Wrote::dontthink Are you being serious? If McCarty does not shoot the ball we don't win!! I would like to see other players contribute also,but like it or not he must shoot the ball.They have been running their sets better in the last 3 games.They are also hitting the boards stronger than before.The only thing that is off right now is their free throw shooting.I don't understand why you can't see the spark everyone else does,but hey when you don't really take the time to observe the game I guess you would not see it.IMO you spend to much time making smart remarks and bashing certain players to even notice anything!!! I bet your one of those people who silently sit in the stands and hope the Eagles get beat every time they play don't you? If you think you could help the basketball team out and lead them to a 15th Region Championship again this year just come on out to practice and they will let you play no questions asked!! After all someone like you who can point out a teams problems and short comings might be able to turn things around quickly!!! :Thumbs: :lmao:

Cardsfan you have got to be kidding me!! Why are you bragging about the past 3 games because they got beat by Paintsville by 12 at home, only beat Allen Central by 3 at home and the are weak this year but have an easy schedule, and went into 2 overtimes with the team you said yourself was the third worst team in the region. So i wouldnt be bragging and I'm pretty sure that no-one else see's the spark or whatever it is your talking about...Sorry...Maybe they wouldnt have to rely on McCarty so much if Starnes wouldnt have ran everyone off. Oh and uh you shouldnt be calling other people out about the region championship the Eagles won last year because you were at Sheldon Clark and had nothing to do with it at all and you were the one that jumped on the banwagon along with Spud maybe you brought the curse from SC to JC. Until next time, just stand up top and record the games for Coach Starnes camera boy!!!!

P-burg by 6
Close game but JC will pull it off!
Jc

Yeah they does need McCarty to shoot the ball to win, but NOT 30 times a game. I'll tell you exactly what I think, they don't get Ian Welch the ball enough, "Spud" (or whatever the hell it is you all call him" don't drive the lane enough. McCarty's selfishness is the main reason JC is in the situation they are in.

Believe me cardsfan, if I was still in my prime and was at JC they wouldn't be in this situation. Not to brag but I know what it takes to be a TEAM player and a TRUE leader because I was, we all (my teammates) were. I'm about 80 pounds heavier now then what I was when I played 4 years ago and could probably still get a double-double majority of the time, AND McCarty wouldn't play like that if he was on my team.
wetones45 Wrote:Oh and uh you shouldnt be calling other people out about the region championship the Eagles won last year because you were at Sheldon Clark and had nothing to do with it at all and you were the one that jumped on the banwagon along with Spud maybe you brought the curse from SC to JC. Until next time, just stand up top and record the games for Coach Starnes camera boy!!!!

P-burg by 6

:thatsfunn Hilarious... "camera boy", I like that wetones.
wetones45 Wrote:Cardsfan you have got to be kidding me!! Why are you bragging about the past 3 games because they got beat by Paintsville by 12 at home, only beat Allen Central by 3 at home and the are weak this year but have an easy schedule, and went into 2 overtimes with the team you said yourself was the third worst team in the region. So i wouldnt be bragging and I'm pretty sure that no-one else see's the spark or whatever it is your talking about...Sorry...Maybe they wouldnt have to rely on McCarty so much if Starnes wouldnt have ran everyone off. Oh and uh you shouldnt be calling other people out about the region championship the Eagles won last year because you were at Sheldon Clark and had nothing to do with it at all and you were the one that jumped on the banwagon along with Spud maybe you brought the curse from SC to JC.

P-burg by 6

:dontthink Wetones45, sorry your upset with their play!! I disagree with the easy schedule statement.If you look in todays Lexington Hearld Leader you will see that teams which we have played and lost to are ranked #2,#3 in the 15Th Region.We beat the #4 ranked team in the 15Th Region which is Allen Central and still have to play the #1 ranked team in the 15Th Region Shelby Valley!!I think the team has played alot better the last three games.I know your still upset because Meeks was let go and yes he could have helped them,but the fact is he is not on the team anymore so move on and let it go everyone else has!!! The curse you speak about is brought on by lack of executing plays and certain players not having any ideal about playing together as a team. It was not because Jayrd came from Sheldon Clark or Jamie shoots the ball!!! :Thumbs:
JC by 8
Can anybody please tell me who starts for Johnson Central?
JC by 10
I'm going to have to go with Prestonsburg on this one. It will be a close game, but I think Prestonsburg can pull it off.