Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khsaa signed contract with Spalding
Khsaa signed contract two switch from rawlings to Spalding for the official Ky football baseball basketball has any body used Spalding
Coaches have no say in this state. Tackett just switched to the most expensive ball with consulting with any of the guys on the frontline. It's not about kids. It's about doing what benefits the khsaa. That spalding ball costs 90 bucks. And it looks like a PE ball.
Why exactly does there have to be an official ball? Why can they not just specify the type of cover, weight and size and leave well enough alone? It leads me to think they may be getting a bit of funding on the side from whichever company they choose.
They say the basketball are terrible unless you buy the ones like the nba use 200 a pop
On bluegrass preps they said Spalding was the official sponsor of st football games at western ky so must dump some money in someone pocket
Worst decision ever
eagles2011 Wrote:On bluegrass preps they said Spalding was the official sponsor of st football games at western ky so must dump some money in someone pocket

That's not quite accurate. Russell Athletics is the biggest sponsor of the state finals, because they are HQ'd in Bowling Green. However, Russell owns Spalding, which means they are also HQ'd in BG. It simply became an issue of helping Russell get more money, while appearing to be concerned about the issues with the balls.
Must have been some money involved
What if you dont use a Spalding ball?
Don Drumpf Wrote:What if you dont use a Spalding ball?
I'm pretty sure it a state wide rule during play off so I say a person had better get a couple
Is it not just playoff time that all school participating in the playoffs must use Rawlings, well now Spalding? Correct me if I am wrong, but during regular season I have seen other teams use other name brand football, but in the playoffs... It has to be the official ball.