Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern Football 2016
How far can they go this year, I would think they are hands down the favorite this year in the region, North laurel lost almost their whole starting lineup on both side sides of the ball and Lincoln County doesn't have much coming back, could they run the table until they get to the semi state? With Highlands not on this side of the bracket I could see them finally making it to the carpet-Thoughts?
jumperdogpete Wrote:How far can they go this year, I would think they are hands down the favorite this year in the region, North laurel lost almost their whole starting lineup on both side sides of the ball and Lincoln County doesn't have much coming back, could they run the table until they get to the semi state? With Highlands not on this side of the bracket I could see them finally making it to the carpet-Thoughts?

I was under the impression that Highlands was on their side of the Bracket. That is why PC played them in Semi's last year.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I was under the impression that Highlands was on their side of the Bracket. That is why PC played them in Semi's last year.
This year Highlands will play a team from the west in semi part of the new cross bracket system in 5A
Who is in the region on SW side of bracket?
Don't worry about Highlands
With French at the helm, Edwards(Mr. Football candidate) in the backfield, and Fannin anchoring the d-line SW will cruise to Bowling Green. Although I think Bowling Green will win 5A, SW will make their first title game appearance.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:With French at the helm, Edwards(Mr. Football candidate) in the backfield, and Fannin anchoring the d-line SW will cruise to Bowling Green. Although I think Bowling Green will win 5A, SW will make their first title game appearance.
I see no one to challenge them in the region for sure, maybe semi state.
Pulaski will challenge for region, when I say challenge I mean PC will prevent the running clock. I see the Warriors beating PC in a 42-19 type of game this year. I'm not knocking PC, they will be a solid team this year. Looking at their schedule I see them being 6-4 or 7-3. Anderson or Montgomery could challenge in a semi-state game but neither have the horses in my opinion. But it's playoff football and you never know.
Trophy Room Wrote:Pulaski will challenge for region, when I say challenge I mean PC will prevent the running clock. I see the Warriors beating PC in a 42-19 type of game this year. I'm not knocking PC, they will be a solid team this year. Looking at their schedule I see them being 6-4 or 7-3. Anderson or Montgomery could challenge in a semi-state game but neither have the horses in my opinion. But it's playoff football and you never know.
I don't see it as a running clock for sure but its SW day to shine.
Really, do they return their QB?
Predator/Prey Wrote:Really, do they return their QB?

SW does, Pulaski does not.
SW returns some nice players. When you have solid players returning and a good coaching staff you are guaranteed a great year. I can see them winning region.
E's Army Wrote:Who is in the region on SW side of bracket?

Highlands and Bowling Green could meet in the Semi State in the West this year. Another genius move by the KHSAA. If Graves County ever reaches the Semi State, the road trip would be over 300 miles. This cross bracket playoff stuff is going to create a long road trip. The East will play the Louisville/E town 5A champ. This should give eastern teams a better shot at making the finals.
Southwestern will definitely be a region contender.
Hearing this might be Larry's last season? Anyone else hearing that?
64black&gold Wrote:Hearing this might be Larry's last season? Anyone else hearing that?
I'm hearing bits and pieces, but in all fairness, he told them only 3-5 years when he took the job.
They need to strike while the iron is hot. He is a great coach and has the athletes this year.