Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview 2016
2015 was a great year for the eagles of westwood. playing a much tougher schedule than in years past and also beating raceland in ram nation. wow still gives me goosebumps! senior dominated team in 2015 will leave a few holes in this type offense but with fairview's size and speed they should also do well in 2016!! good luck eagles and coach ray

key losses
qb alex roy
wr antwan Washington
ol billy davis
lb ryan ekers
lb Jordan ekers

top returning players
rb/lb john ruggles
wr mason mcintrye
wr Dylan romine
lb mark ekers
ol beau riley
lb trevor Hutchinson
rb/kr shane cook
:hilarious:
Mason suprised me last year. Was more impressive to me as an over all reciever than Washington was. Was a quick or ellusive, but bigger, and stronger. If Fairview had a QB coming back Id expect him to have a big year. Having said that, who will be under center? Who becomes the leader for the Eagles? All the variables tell me the Eagles should be solid on defense, but I expect them to struggle in the district with what they lose compared to what Raceland and Paintsville (dont sleep on what they return by a long shot). I think the Eagles will finish somewhere around 4-6/6-4. Thats my prediction at this time, not knowing what their finalized schedule will be. If they have the same schedule, im saying 4-6/5-5. What does their schedule look like?
Has their schedule been released yet? Was wondering if it's the same as last year, just flipping the home and away games.
what is so hilarious I must ask? coach ray has the boys working hard and you never know Fairview may surprise some people. they have overachieved the past 2 seasons. nobody expected them to win a district game in 2015...so imo 2016 version will be just fine. 6-4 sounds about right, but 7-3 could be a possibility
Fairview's days are numbered if AK steel doesn't open back up. I don't see the doors staying open for 2 more years if they don't. Enrollment is way down from people that I have spoken with and the culture of the school is way down. Good luck to the team but I see it going back to same ole Fairview. Remember Alex Roy and Washington were transfers that came in and helped the program like many do in 40 plus years of Fairview athletics. It's a school of 2nd chances and good luck those kids hope the doors stay open. I don't see them winning many games and frankly see a big drop for the program because Coach Ray doesn't work very hard with the youth program.
Fairview will stay open for a while if nothing else because they are building onto the school. But unless some kids have shown up the numbers will be low. Ruggles is a solid player and will anchor the team but a QB like Roy and an athlete like Washington aren't growing on trees. They will be greatly missed especially early in the season.
Who are the expected losses too?
Ruggles put up some decent numbers at a combine recently.
Roy and Washington are leaving behind some big shoes to fill. At least the new quarterback will have McIntyre and Romine to get the ball to.

I'd look for Ruggles to be a focal point of the offense. For whatever reason, his impact on that side of the ball seemed to decrease in the back half of the schedule. With Roy and Washington gone, I think he'll get his chances to carry the offense.
I like Fairview and what they are doing up there, HC is a
smart guy that will pull the best effort from the kids