Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central 2017
Will this school compete as a 3a or 4a?
They would be in the 3rd year of new alignment could they be a 2a school until the next new alignment?
Coaching will they stay with someone from either school or will they go out and hire a new coach? People thoughts
Field since a lot of schools going turf will their new field be turf ?
Eagleland Wrote:Will this school compete as a 3a or 4a?
They would be in the 3rd year of new alignment could they be a 2a school until the next new alignment?
Coaching will they stay with someone from either school or will they go out and hire a new coach? People thoughts
Field since a lot of schools going turf will their new field be turf ?

I think they are anticipated to start as a 2A school until the next realignment comes out.

Allen Central is playing in 2A as a "place holder" until the new school is built.
^
That's a good point not a lot of people are aware of when it comes to realignment and place holding. You get a year of free reign in a smaller class than you should be.
Will Floyd Central be a team like Mercer Co, Collins or S.Warren when they 1st open and immediately be very competitive or do most expect them to struggle out of the gate...
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Will Floyd Central be a team like Mercer Co, Collins or S.Warren when they 1st open and immediately be very competitive or do most expect them to struggle out of the gate...

I am not sure.

If they are in fact 2A their District will be conducive to competing for the District Title pretty quickly, with that said they do not have nearly the talent pool that the three teams you mentioned had to pull from.

If I had to say one way or the other I would say a Top 15 team in 2A but very, very minimal chance at competing for a Title.
People often forget about Harlan County as well. Didn't they play 3A in 07 and were 5A?

Oh well. Make the most of it.

T and X have made a living on in it for years (in terms of the range bt their male enrollment and the next closest). So, I never got too tore up about the Collins, Mercer's, etc of the world.

It's only a problem when you crush it.
Could hurt Pburg's numbers. It will give kids an option
Derosett will be the coach at Floyd central !! Hager will take over at pburg!! Mark it down !!!
What's the cut off for 2A?
Didn't the P-Burg kids already have an option, actually two options with Allen Central and South Floyd?
I don't expect two bad teams to make one good one any time soon.
What is the enrollment expected to be?
HCS Wrote:Didn't the P-Burg kids already have an option, actually two options with Allen Central and South Floyd?
I don't expect two bad teams to make one good one any time soon.
What is the enrollment expected to be?

Yes and No.

They had an option if they wanted to play basketball, but in terms of the quality of the school and opportunities in football and the other major sports Pburg was the most well established choice for most.

There is a reason that several Pburg kids ended up at Pikeville, the quality of school overall was just that much greater than anything in Floyd County in just about every aspect.

New school could mean "nice" school and better facilities. With a bit of uncertainty around the Head Coach it wouldn't surprise me to see the new school benefit as a result and get players who otherwise would have either stayed at Pburg.

Don't think it will be drastic, but if 1 or 2 players per class make the move it will certainly impact both.
I agree. If P-Burg coach goes then students will follow. It makes sense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:I agree. If P-Burg coach goes then students will follow. It makes sense.

Disagree, If he stays at P-Burg they will leave. If he leaves for FCC then P-Burg kids will happily stay put.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yes and No.

They had an option if they wanted to play basketball, but in terms of the quality of the school and opportunities in football and the other major sports Pburg was the most well established choice for most.

There is a reason that several Pburg kids ended up at Pikeville, the quality of school overall was just that much greater than anything in Floyd County in just about every aspect.

New school could mean "nice" school and better facilities. With a bit of uncertainty around the Head Coach it wouldn't surprise me to see the new school benefit as a result and get players who otherwise would have either stayed at Pburg.

Don't think it will be drastic, but if 1 or 2 players per class make the move it will certainly impact both.

I doubt the school will be big enough to make much of a difference in either sports or academics. If they had included Betsy Layne, then maybe, but the school will still be small. Will it be any bigger than South Floyd was when it opened?
Floyd Central will be a 2A football team. Depending on the hire, they will have middle road success.
So, is that about 500 students for 2A?
Floyd County hasn't been real smart about new facilities. They go from 5 schools to 4 to 3 and replace South Floyd after only 20 years.
HCS Wrote:Floyd County hasn't been real smart about new facilities. They go from 5 schools to 4 to 3 and replace South Floyd after only 20 years.

Same thing everyone else is saying too:HitWall: I will say that academically Floyd co has made great strides the last several years or so. You would not believe the homework even a kindergarden kid at May Valley gets but at the same time they are generally about one grade higher compared to other schools and consistently rank in the top two or three in the state with a bunch of years at number #1 in the state..
Now that said Floyd county school system has always been kinda backasswards with their choices on spending..
Blacksmith Wrote:Same thing everyone else is saying too:HitWall: I will say that academically Floyd co has made great strides the last several years or so. You would not believe the homework even a kindergarden kid at May Valley gets but at the same time they are generally about one grade higher compared to other schools and consistently rank in the top two or three in the state with a bunch of years at number #1 in the state..
Now that said Floyd county school system has always been kinda backasswards with their choices on spending..

What stat says they are about one grade level higher?

Curious (honest).
Sorry, no hard stats..I should have clarified that but teachers from other schools(wife worked for the board about 9 years) have told me that on more than one occasion..They(at this school) are often doing work that other schools are doing at higher grades..I cant remember the times that a friend of mine who's kid goes to another schools has said "they didn't do that until grade x at our school" Things like that mostly..Lot of kids who transfer in have a hard time because the work they were doing is so far behind,etc...So no stats I should have said that..
hunter 44 Wrote:Derosett will be the coach at Floyd central !! Hager will take over at pburg!! Mark it down !!!

He won't be the coach if he is they won't have a football team at the new school mark that down
cougarpride08 Wrote:I agree. If P-Burg coach goes then students will follow. It makes sense.

U have no clue what ur talking about the players are already leaving pburg to get away from the coach why the hell would they follow him if he leaves
Offical......3A District 6.....per KHSAA.