Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region All A
I was just looking at the girls 14th region ALL A. I see that Breathitt Co. is playing in it this year. how can a 3A (Breathitt CO.) and 2A (Leslie Co.) play in the All A Classic.

are any other region have school in a higher class playing 1A in basketball.
All A numbers have been different for many years
They take the smallest 125 schools, I think, in the state for the All "A" Classic.
HCS Wrote:All A numbers have been different for many years
They take the smallest 125 schools, I think, in the state for the All "A" Classic.

i would like to know how can a school be 2A or 3A in football but can play 1A in basketball. the KHSAA is the ones that set the number. if a school is 2A in football should they be 2A in basketball also.
All about the money on the All A. If you don't like playing in it or cheering for a team in it then don't. The All A has been set up for the smallest 125 schools so deal with it.
cj2561 Wrote:i would like to know how can a school be 2A or 3A in football but can play 1A in basketball. the KHSAA is the ones that set the number. if a school is 2A in football should they be 2A in basketball also.

KHSAA has NOTHING to do with the All A Classic.
Jenkins got a bad draw. How is seeding determined?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
HCS Wrote:KHSAA has NOTHING to do with the All A Classic.

oh. like a few years ago, Knott Co. Central was in the ALL A. I ask some people how can they play in it, they didn't know. what you are saying if a 5A school ask to play in it, who over the ALL A said yes. they can play.
They take the bottom 125 in enrollment. If a team elects not to play..they invite the next smallest by enrollment.
So is anyone in the 14th not playing this year that could?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Every team in the 15th region participates with the exception of
Johnson Central
Lawrence County
Magoffin County
Belfry
Pike Central
All the other 11 teams participate,does anyone know the enrollment of these other schools?
East Ridge
Shelby Valley
Sheldon Clark
Pikeville
Paintsville
Phelps
Betsy Layne
Allen Central
Prestonsburg
Piarist
South Floyd
Of these schools,Sheldon Clark plays 3A football, ER, SV, BL, PBurg play 2A, the rest are !A in football I think. Does that mean Sheldon Clark has more students than the rest,I find that hard to believe.