Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State finalists offense comparison
I'm always interested in how much the championship teams throw the football. This year 7 of the teams can really throw the ball and balance their offense. That is up from last season and previous years.The number is passing yards listed on khsaa i'm assuming through 14 games.
1A
Beechwood 2579
Pikeville 1478
2A
Mayfield 2662
NCC 1271
3A
Belfry 567
Lex. Cath. 2938
4A
South Warren 1242
Johnson Central 1159
5A
Bowling Green 2711
Pulaski 3290
6A
Male 3378
Lafayette 2555
I couldnt help but laugh at this list as soon as I saw Belfry
Fundamentals Wrote:I couldnt help but laugh at this list as soon as I saw Belfry

Whats funny about Belfry?
Do rushing and see who is at the top. Lol
Pass attempts may be low for Belfry, but effective: 16 completions, 11 for touchdowns.
belfry, pikeville and Johnson central is going to bring home championships then see if that will be comparable to passing yards.
Why throw the ball when you run it the way Belfry does??
What are you talking about? I didn't predict who was going to win. Belfry is the anomaly out of 12 teams. Belfry is probably going to win. There are 7 teams who really can sling it, one team who doesn't and 4 who are pretty normal style wise for this state.
I think the best route is balance. I think that is what gives Mayfield an edge in a lot of games.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think the best route is balance. I think that is what gives Mayfield an edge in a lot of games.

In the top 2 classes no matter who wins the games the champion will have at least 2500 yards passing. If i'm a statistical analyst the fact that 7 of 12 finalists have true balance and 11 of 12 are over 1100 yards makes me say trying to copy what Belfry is doing is an uphill battle. That just makes Belfry even more special in a group of special teams. Own it, love it, and realize if someone else tries to do it your way they are probably (in the true sense of mathematical probability) going to get knocked out sometime earlier in the playoffs.