Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A picture to remind us all of what this time of year means
I just have to post this picture I found on a Corbin fan's page. Belfry's Devin Varney sought out Corbin's QB after the game. The Corbin fan said that Devin was the first Belfry player on their sideline looking for him and they were impressed with the amount of sportsmanship and hospitality they were shown at Belfry. This is one of the many things that makes me Proud to be a Pirate!

I love this picture! :Clap:
BelfryPride Wrote:I just have to post this picture I found on a Corbin fan's page. Belfry's Devin Varney sought out Corbin's QB after the game. The Corbin fan said that Devin was the first Belfry player on their sideline looking for him and they were impressed with the amount of sportsmanship and hospitality they were shown at Belfry. This is one of the many things that makes me Proud to be a Pirate!

I love this picture! :Clap:

That's my friend is what football is all about Cameron Sizemore is my cousins and yes Devin Varney is a class act as of the rest of Belfry Football team. Confusederiously:
Nice picture. You got to love it when you have good sportsmanship after the game even.
The kids almost always get it right. It's actually the adults (many of whom never played) who sometimes pollute the waters. We appreciate their passion, too, though.

Hope everyone enjoys the upcoming weekend and the memories to come.
I agree completely, first class all the way around. From coach Haywood, to the fans, to the players, to the water boy. Everyone was first class, the best memory I have of going to someone else's place and getting beat. I have no problem rooting for the Pirates this Sunday. I'll be watching on khsaa tv. GO PIRATES!!!! I hope we have the chance to return the hospitality (and the butt kicking lol) next year.
That is why Belfry has the program they have had for all these years. You do it the right way, all the time.
Thanks for all the good things you said about Belfry and Devin Varney that's my son and that makes me very proud to have a kid like him.
I'll take this every day of the week and twice on Friday over the stupid handshake line.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Thanks for all the good things you said about Belfry and Devin Varney that's my son and that makes me very proud to have a kid like him.

Devin has really came a long way this year and I am super excited for his future.

BIG test this week for him...

I would say Devin has improved the most of any Belfry starter from Pike County Bowl until now. He has the potential to be one of the best CB's to ever wear the skull and crossbones if he just keeps putting in max effort and working hard!
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Thanks for all the good things you said about Belfry and Devin Varney that's my son and that makes me very proud to have a kid like him.

Camron is my son and these pictures are great, two friends that fought hard for their teams and left it on the field. These boys played together on team Kentucky a few years back and became friends. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and that is so true.
GO PIRATES BRING IT BACK TO THE MOUNTIANS
cherokee Wrote:Camron is my son and these pictures are great, two friends that fought hard for their teams and left it on the field. These boys played together on team Kentucky a few years back and became friends. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and that is so true.
GO PIRATES BRING IT BACK TO THE MOUNTIANS

I'd be lying if I didn't say it doesn't make me nervous thinking of how good Sizemore will be this time next year after a year of chemistry with his receivers and a summer in the weight room making him even tougher.

With Hall graduating he may very well be the top QB in EKY next year.
If he hits the weight room and breaks out the trash cans to work on touch, Sizemore could pose serious threats to a lot of people. I just want to say that a lot of us just watching the game miss these things. I remember after state last year, my son was staying in contact with a couple of the Jackets that he met. Without this sport and the competition it brings, this stuff couldn't happen.
Devin is the closest thing I've got to a little brother. We aren't nearly as close as we used to be (I do owe him El Azul because Grant Kiser threw him a few passes) I'll always claim him as family and love the kid to death. This stuff makes me proud to know Dev.
This is truly awesome and the reason why I love high school football! Much more than a game ladies and gentlemen.
When I played for Somerset back in the early '80s, we had some real knock-down, drag-outs against Corbin. They won a few; we won a few.

In the process, I made friends with some of those Redhounds that I still consider friends to this day. When we cross paths even now, the bonds and memories are still there.

At the high school level, it's truly a great, great game people. Enjoy every minute of it.