Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel VS Franklin Co
First game for south. Thoughts & predictions?
I absolutely love South's inside game with Taylor and Griffith. Those two may be the best inside combo in the region. With that said, SL looked very shaky handling the ball against Henry Clay this weekend. I don't know much about Franklin, but if they are quick and pressure the ball well, they could give the SL guards problems.
72-53 final south. Grubb with 25. Taylor with 16 Anders with 18. Griffith 1. Taylor stayed in foul trouble all nite
Did Griffith struggle?
South Laurel won this in a rout.Grubb let his presence be known early in this one.They won't be an easy out this year.
South Laurel with a stone cold stunner in Frankfort last night,and that's the bottom line,cause Stone Cold said so!
ky playmaker Wrote:72-53 final south. Grubb with 25. Taylor with 16 Anders with 18. Griffith 1. Taylor stayed in foul trouble all nite

Griffith will have to get offensive rebounds to get many shots or just jack it up every time he gets the chance.
Griffith just had an off nite had lots of good looks just didnt go in.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:I absolutely love South's inside game with Taylor and Griffith. Those two may be the best inside combo in the region. With that said, SL looked very shaky handling the ball against Henry Clay this weekend. I don't know much about Franklin, but if they are quick and pressure the ball well, they could give the SL guards problems.
You do know south beat henry Clay fairly convincingly and that henry Clay depending on what poll you check is ranked anywhere from 7-14th in the state. That ain't very shaky.
First time anyone's said souths guard play is shaky that I've heard of. Grubb & Anders both excellent ball handlers
4 point game at halftime. At that point in the game SL turnovers from the guard position was the only reason Henry Clay was within 10 points. With that said, SL has a very nice team. Like I said, I was impressed.
Nice win for SL.