No 0-9/10 teams in the playoffs.

Class 5A
No 0-9/10 teams in the playoffs.

Class 6A
Boone County; 0-10
Clark County; 0-10
Seneca; 0-10

Not too bad, only five winless teams in the playoffs. :eyeroll: :yawn: :lame:
Do the teams that didn't make the playoffs get a Participation Trophy from the KHSAA?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
THERE IS NO REASON WHY AN 0-9 OR 0-10 TEAM SHOULD MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!

The Playoffs SHOULD BE earned.... not an entitlement!!!

If you play in a four team district, but fail to win a game all season.... your playoff spot should be vacated and the team you would be playing gets a bye.
There's a lot of solutions but most of them make sense so they probably won't try them😄🏈. I personally like 5 classes then there could be 5-6 teams in each district so 1 game would have to be won to get in!
I wish they would go back to a 4 class system. They was teams that would have 5 wins miss the playoffs. Also it makes the playoffs better. They will never do it due to the more money being brought in. But I personally think they would have more money coming in if they would do away with the system now because the attendance isn't any good for the 1st rounds games because they are all blowouts.
Going from 6 classes to 5 will not resolve the problem. If you want to avoid winless teams in the playoffs then just let in the top 2 or 3 teams in the district. Problem solved.
Bigblue78 Wrote:Going from 6 classes to 5 will not resolve the problem. If you want to avoid winless teams in the playoffs then just let in the top 2 or 3 teams in the district. Problem solved.

Ive been an advocate for 5 class since before the change to 6.
IMHO, it will SOLVE the problem. There would not be a single winless team in the playoffs, which would make the people upset with that for whatever reason happy.

I don't understand the anger. So what. A winless team made the playoffs. If you want it changed, do 1 of 2 things.

1. Get the coaches to change the playoff format (which they vote on and just last year voted to keep it the same.)

2. In the first round, run up the score so bad and break so many records that bullying organizations make them change it because of how nasty it is. Beat a team 130-0, throw for a thousand, run for a thousand, and see how many keep doing it. Ive always wondered why and when running up the score became a "classless" thing to do. Years ago, it was the norm.
Do you guys worry about this when all the teams in the state make the basketball playoffs.

Handful of teams are now finished, that doesn't happen in basketball.
Flicka Wrote:Do you guys worry about this when all the teams in the state make the basketball playoffs.

Not trying to be 'that guy'.... but I've broke down region by region for the past few years on winless teams in the basketball district tournaments.

Football is the only sport that some teams don't get at least one post-season contest.
Amazing that 6A has most of the teams. You would think these teams could schedule down a class and find a win.
Flicka Wrote:Do you guys worry about this when all the teams in the state make the basketball playoffs.

Or any other sport. I agree people whine about winless teams in football but not in any other sport
Pulp Fiction Wrote:THERE IS NO REASON WHY AN 0-9 OR 0-10 TEAM SHOULD MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!

The Playoffs SHOULD BE earned.... not an entitlement!!!

If you play in a four team district, but fail to win a game all season.... your playoff spot should be vacated and the team you would be playing gets a bye.
I agree, teams that are winless have no business in the playoffs, but in this world we have to give participation trophies, or reward everyone for trying Confusednicker: and before anyone says anything, that goes for any sport.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive been an advocate for 5 class since before the change to 6.
IMHO, it will SOLVE the problem. There would not be a single winless team in the playoffs, which would make the people upset with that for whatever reason happy.

I don't understand the anger. So what. A winless team made the playoffs. If you want it changed, do 1 of 2 things.

1. Get the coaches to change the playoff format (which they vote on and just last year voted to keep it the same.)

2. In the first round, run up the score so bad and break so many records that bullying organizations make them change it because of how nasty it is. Beat a team 130-0, throw for a thousand, run for a thousand, and see how many keep doing it. Ive always wondered why and when running up the score became a "classless" thing to do. Years ago, it was the norm.
I'm with you on the running up the score thing. If my team gets beat 100-0 then so be it, get better. Never really understood that and what actually got it all started. Growing up it happened all the time, no biggie.
Wait a minute..you can get in the playoffs with zero wins???

Hey, maybe UK still has a chance!!!

Confusednicker:
When you try to create a six-class system in a state with barely 200 teams, this is the result. Four classes worked fine. Send the privates packin'.
Granny Bear Wrote:Wait a minute..you can get in the playoffs with zero wins???

Hey, maybe UK still has a chance!!!

Confusednicker:

NOT funny Granny.....well....maybe a littleConfusedhh:
I apologize. I'm extremely disappointed in UK football this year. The best thing I've seen Towles do is fix his hair.
If I ever get a parking pass at CWS....

I'm gonna hire Granny Bear to do the catering. It shouldn't be that long of a trip if she uses her Broom Stick.

:Hungry:
I say just take the top two teams from each district, so we really have the best of the best playing. This way no 0-10 team would get in and teams will have to earn their way in