Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rankings Week Ending 10/17
Wow!! Lots of movement this week, and some changes too.

Don’t PM me with remarks about it being an error for me to list two #1….then go to #2. I realize this isn’t recognized as the “correct” way to do the lists but I like my way better. It gives more teams the opportunity to have exposure, and offers encouragement.

1A

1) Beechwood (7)
2) Paintsville (5)
3) Pikeville
4) Russellville
5) Paris
6) Fairview
7) Raceland
8) Hazard
9) Bishop Brossart
10) Harlan

2A

1) Mayfield (12)
2) Christian Academy of Louisville
3) DeSales
4) Danville
5) Owensboro Catholic
6) Murray
7) Shelby Valley
8) Newport Central Catholic
9) Lloyd Memorial
10) Leslie County

3A

1) Central (9)
2) Belfry (2)
3) Boyle County (1)
4) Caldwell County
5) Elizabethtown
6) Lexington Catholic
7) Paducah Tilghman
8) Corbin
9) Bell County
10) Henry County

4A

1) Johnson County* (6)
1) South Warren* (6)

2) Ashland Blazar
3) Shelby County
4) Hopkinsville
5) Scott
6) Spencer County
7) John Hardin
8) Franklin County
9) Wayne County
10) Collins

5A

1) Bowling Green (10)
2) Pulaski County (1)
3) Owensboro
4) Fern Creek
5) Southwestern (1)
6) North Laurel
7) Christian County
8) South Oldham
9) Greenwood
10) North Bullitt

6A

1) Male (12)
2) Trinity
3) Scott County
4) Simon Kenton
5) St. Xavier
6) DuPont Manual
7) McCracken County
8) Ryle
9) Cooper
10) Lafayette
I still voted Fairview and Raceland over Paris, other than that it all looks about like how I voted. So it seems a majority of the panel must be on the same page. I also want to say that I did vote Fairview (5) over Raceland (6).

But, if Raceland ends up losing Josh Clark (shoulder) for the season and Carson Christian (Ankle) for any amount of time, it could really affect the Rams on the defensive side of the baWe are going to try reschedule pictures for either tomorrow or thursday before our games. We have a game tomorrow at the usual time, I will let everyone know what time to be there if we are ll, especially in the already suspect secondary. Neither of the 2 were at 100% from the 2nd quarter on in the loss to Fairview. That, imo, was the contributing factor to the game winning drive Fairview had, they were smart and attacked the right side of our secondary with those two being out of the game (Clark) and less than 100% (Christian). Not having Morgan Carmen's pass rush on the field also hurt us. He missed due to attendance at school I believe. If those 3 are out again this week, it could spell disaster for our defense. If we get them back from here on out, I think we can rebound. Fairview kicked our ass with their passing game, but we were still able to move the ball offensively, so all is not lost. Had they beat us by multiple scores, id say the season is a wash, but with those three at 100% and in the ball game, I think we win by a few scores. But, injuries are all part of the game and our back ups couldnt do enough to secure a win.

Across the board in all classes, things are starting to shake themselves out.
Granny Bear Wrote:Wow!! Lots of movement this week, and some changes too.

Don’t PM me with remarks about it being an error for me to list two #1….then go to #2. I realize this isn’t recognized as the “correct” way to do the lists but I like my way better. It gives more teams the opportunity to have exposure, and offers encouragement.

1A

1) Beechwood (7)
2) Paintsville (5)
3) Pikeville
4) Russellville
5) Paris
6) Fairview
7) Raceland
8) Hazard
9) Bishop Brossart
10) Harlan

2A

1) Mayfield (12)
2) Christian Academy of Louisville
3) DeSales
4) Danville
5) Owensboro Catholic
6) Murray
7) Shelby Valley
8) Newport Central Catholic
9) Lloyd Memorial
10) Leslie County

3A

1) Central (9)
2) Belfry (2)
3) Boyle County (1)
4) Caldwell County
5) Elizabethtown
6) Lexington Catholic
7) Paducah Tilghman
8) Corbin
9) Bell County
10) Henry County

4A

1) Johnson County* (6)
1) South Warren* (6)

2) Ashland Blazar
3) Shelby County
4) Hopkinsville
5) Scott
6) Spencer County
7) John Hardin
8) Franklin County
9) Wayne County
10) Collins

5A

1) Bowling Green (10)
2) Pulaski County (1)
3) Owensboro
4) Fern Creek
5) Southwestern (1)
6) North Laurel
7) Christian County
8) South Oldham
9) Greenwood
10) North Bullitt

6A

1) Male (12)
2) Trinity
3) Scott County
4) Simon Kenton
5) St. Xavier
6) DuPont Manual
7) McCracken County
8) Ryle
9) Cooper
10) Lafayette

I love seeing the public schools at the top the classes.
I love not seeing Highlands or Cov. Cath. in the Top 10.

A 7/5 split at 1A & a tie at 6/6 in 4A shows that the state is split.....
Seeing a unanimous #1 at 2A & 6A..... and seeing a 3 team spilt at 3A & 5A....
Whoever selected for the ranking committee did a great job because it's not biased to WKY, CKY, L-Ville/Lex., NKY or EKY.

This is best ranking system in the state!!!!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
IMO..... class 5A will be the best playoff games to watch.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:IMO..... class 5A will be the best playoff games to watch.

5A is pretty tough from top to bottom. Im interested in seeing how the top 5 in 2A shake out in the playoffs.
Quote:3A

1) Central (9)
2) Belfry (2)
3) Boyle County (1)
4) Caldwell County
5) Elizabethtown
6) Lexington Catholic
7) Paducah Tilghman
8) Corbin
9) Bell County
10) Henry County

:argue:

These are a mess.

Lex Cath getting very little respect for beating Boyle. Lex Cath should be in 3rd at the least and everyone else dropped down. I think the the top 4 would either need to be 1 Central,2 Belfry,3 Lex Cath,4 Boyle or 1 Central, 2 Lex Cath, 3 Boyle,4 Belfry(my pick) or even 1 Central, 2 Lex Cath, 3 Belfry, 4 Boyle . There is no acceptable scenario where Boyle should be ahead of Lex Cath or where Central isn't #1.

I would probably put Lawrence Co in 10 just ahead of Hart but that is just a personal preference.
3a is a mess and was hard to decipher and go through all the information. I do not understand how lex cath is so low though. I had them much higher (Ahead of Boyle). I even ranked CORBIN 7th!
If Paintsville beats Raceland and losses to SV should they drop?

I myself think not and I still think Paintsville should be at 1.
bac2369 Wrote:If Paintsville beats Raceland and losses to SV should they drop?

I myself think not and I still think Paintsville should be at 1.

Yes

Shelby Valley would be an underdog to Beechwood, Pikeville, and Russellville.

If Paintsville loses to SV they drop to #4 unless something of note happens such as an injury to Daniel.

If the were playing CAL or Mayfield and lost that would be forgivable..but Paintsville should be able to beat Valley by 10-14 points if they are a legit Title threat in 1A.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yes

If Paintsville loses to SV they drop to #4 unless something of note happens such as an injury to Daniel.

If the were playing CAL or Mayfield and lost that would be forgivable..but Paintsville should be able to beat Valley by 10-14 points if they are a legit Title threat in 1A.

Agreed. If Paintsville loses either of their last 2 games, they drop to 3/4. With Beechwood, Pikeville, and Russellville moving ahead of them. They are still a title contender if they drop either or even both. Even with losing to Fairview, I still have Raceland's jekyll and hyde appearing team as the 3rd in the East. If we see Fairview again it will be a different story. As for this week, if we are healthy (which I am hearing we arent), we will give Paintsville a ball game. If we are as banged up as we seem, its going to be a nearly impossible task.

If I was betting, I would say that if Paintsville beats Raceland the starters may play the first quarter at Shelby Valley and that's all . The game means nothing to them at that point and they may not play at all but that's just my theory. :betterthanexpected:
IF, if ands and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas!
Confusednicker:
TigerBlues Wrote:If I was betting, I would say that if Paintsville beats Raceland the starters may play the first quarter at Shelby Valley and that's all . The game means nothing to them at that point and they may not play at all but that's just my theory. :betterthanexpected:

May be true but they don't want the 58-0 that will be hung on them if they don't play the starters either.
jetpilot Wrote:May be true but they don't want the 58-0 that will be hung on them if they don't play the starters either.

I would give them the win just to rest the starters and prepare for the playoffs which is the real deal anyway but I get what you are saying JP
I don't think Paintsville at this point is going to pull the starters until any game is well in hand.
TigerBlues Wrote:I would give them the win just to rest the starters and prepare for the playoffs which is the real deal anyway but I get what you are saying JP

I see both sides also. SV is physical and there will be bumps and bruises at a minimum coming out of that game. It would be a horrible shame if there was a major injury in that game. But at this point the Tigers don't want to give up their momentum, their undefeated season and their high ranking. I think they go for 15-0, a state championship and immortality lol...TongueirateSho

Shelby Valley is finally playing to there potential and its most definitely that time of year to start peaking..

Paintsville should be number 1 right and Beechwood behind them. Now I could see Paintsville dropping if they was at 1. Like some one stated this game with SV means nothing.
bac2369 Wrote:Shelby Valley is finally playing to there potential and its most definitely that time of year to start peaking..

Paintsville should be number 1 right and Beechwood behind them. Now I could see Paintsville dropping if they was at 1. Like some one stated this game with SV means nothing.

I believe that Paintsville should be in a tie for first place with beechwood, if not No.1 solely, and Pikeville right behind them at No.3 (given that paintsville was the No.1 spot and Beechwood the No.2 obviously)

Then again, i think it has been difficult for a lot of people to give Paintsville credit where it is due this season. Ive read the strength of schedule arguments, but that team is still the only one of the top 3 teams in 1A that is undefeated and that can't be argued. Paintsville could win state this year and would still be ridiculed for something. strange to see a program like theirs bounce back like they have in the last couple of seasons, and i think many are speculative of it
AtlPirateFan Wrote::argue:

These are a mess.

Lex Cath getting very little respect for beating Boyle. Lex Cath should be in 3rd at the least and everyone else dropped down. I think the the top 4 would either need to be 1 Central,2 Belfry,3 Lex Cath,4 Boyle or 1 Central, 2 Lex Cath, 3 Boyle,4 Belfry(my pick) or even 1 Central, 2 Lex Cath, 3 Belfry, 4 Boyle . There is no acceptable scenario where Boyle should be ahead of Lex Cath or where Central isn't #1.

I would probably put Lawrence Co in 10 just ahead of Hart but that is just a personal preference.

my 3A was :

1. Central
2. Belfry
3. Caldwell County
4. Elizabethtown
5. Lexcath
6. Boyle
7. PT
8. Corbin
9. Bell County
10. Henry County

Have to honor Lexcath beating Boyle and Corbin beating Bell. The question was how high to place Lexcath. The above 1-4 are solid so for now 5th was the ceiling for me until more games dictate otherwise!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
swampdonkey Wrote:I believe that Paintsville should be in a tie for first place with beechwood, if not No.1 solely, and Pikeville right behind them at No.3 (given that paintsville was the No.1 spot and Beechwood the No.2 obviously)

Then again, i think it has been difficult for a lot of people to give Paintsville credit where it is due this season. Ive read the strength of schedule arguments, but that team is still the only one of the top 3 teams in 1A that is undefeated and that can't be argued. Paintsville could win state this year and would still be ridiculed for something. strange to see a program like theirs bounce back like they have in the last couple of seasons, and i think many are speculative of it

Yes I agree. All they have did this year is just win. Every team gets punished for losing except Beechwood. Every team needs the same treatment.
I am on the panel. I voted Beechwood #1. Reason being, their loss is to Cov Cath. Now, had they lossed to a Lloyd Memorial, Ironton (who is down this year for reason I can not grasp), or other 1-3A or OH D5-7 school, then Paintsville would be my #1 with out question. But, Paintsville's best win right now is either Pikeville in OT, had they beaten them by multiple scores, Id give them the number 1 spot as well.

Idk about the rest of the panel, but I dont just look at wins and losses when it comes to rankings. I look at how teams won or lost. Paintsville has done enough to deserve a number 1 ranking, but, IMO, they havent done enough to move past Beechwood. If they beat Raceland by 2 or more TDs (that is a good possibility), then they will have my vote for number 1.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:5A is pretty tough from top to bottom. Im interested in seeing how the top 5 in 2A shake out in the playoffs.

Newport central isn't getting much credit so far, I believe there the best team in the east for 2a
TigerBlues Wrote:If I was betting, I would say that if Paintsville beats Raceland the starters may play the first quarter at Shelby Valley and that's all . The game means nothing to them at that point and they may not play at all but that's just my theory. :betterthanexpected:

I have been hearing sv and paintsville may be a jv game start to finish
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I am on the panel. I voted Beechwood #1. Reason being, their loss is to Cov Cath. Now, had they lossed to a Lloyd Memorial, Ironton (who is down this year for reason I can not grasp), or other 1-3A or OH D5-7 school, then Paintsville would be my #1 with out question. But, Paintsville's best win right now is either Pikeville in OT, had they beaten them by multiple scores, Id give them the number 1 spot as well.

Idk about the rest of the panel, but I dont just look at wins and losses when it comes to rankings. I look at how teams won or lost. Paintsville has done enough to deserve a number 1 ranking, but, IMO, they havent done enough to move past Beechwood. If they beat Raceland by 2 or more TDs (that is a good possibility), then they will have my vote for number 1.

I respect Beechwood and I agree they lost too a Cov Cath team who really hasn't beat anybody. They lost too the worst Highlands team in a long time. So IMO the loss to Cov Cath makes me wonder what happens when they run into a team such as good with solid line play. Yes they may not see until Round 4 or State but it makes me wonder.

I also must state that this is the weakest Schedule Beechwood has played in some time. There best win as of right now is Ironton and they wasn't even at Full strength then I would throw Lloyd in there because they have improved since the first game of the season.

Paintsville has 3 solid wins. Pikeville, Bourbon county who beat Southwestern and Fairview who beat Raceland. Paintsville will have had two weeks to prepare for Raceland so expect them to come out ready to play.

Raceland will need to have a very good week of practice and those seniors need to be lifting this team up and getting ready. If they don't come ready to play then they may be in for a long night.
looks pretty good this week, 3A is certainly debatable but good work guys
footballforlife66 Wrote:I have been hearing sv and paintsville may be a jv game start to finish

Why was this game even scheduled then? Both teams could have scheduled (more) cupcakes if they didn't feel like playing the last week of the season.
SV is the only team Paintsville scheduled out of Frankfort, SC, Ridgeview, Williamsburg, Bourbon Co and Pike Central that is worth a crap, and now they don't want to play? And SV is going to get blown off the field (again) when they play one of the big boys in 2A, so this should be a huge respect game for them. Both of these teams have been weak for 20+ years until recently, if they don't do everything they can to win this game it will be a huge disappointment.:igiveup:
jetpilot Wrote:Why was this game even scheduled then? Both teams could have scheduled (more) cupcakes if they didn't feel like playing the last week of the season.
SV is the only team Paintsville scheduled out of Frankfort, SC, Ridgeview, Williamsburg, Bourbon Co and Pike Central that is worth a crap, and now they don't want to play? And SV is going to get blown off the field (again) when they play one of the big boys in 2A, so this should be a huge respect game for them. Both of these teams have been weak for 20+ years until recently, if they don't do everything they can to win this game it will be a huge disappointment.:igiveup:

Not sure on schedule part but I have been hearing either teams wants to risk an injury going into the playoffs over a pride game in week ten. Idk if this will hold to be true, I guess we will see shortly