Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
75.00%
Bath County
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath County @ Russell 10/23
Thoughts & Predictions
Russell by 3tds. Is Russell in line to win a tie breaker for the district if it ends up like that? And will this give them home field for the playoffs for every game?
Look for a last possession score to decide the game either way.
Russell could win by 3 tds or they could lose by a td or 2 depends on which Russell team shows up.
Russell by 14
Russell will win this one by a big margin. I think the Devils are re-focused after slipping up against Fleming and then being back in control of their destiny. Teams like that can be very dangerous going forward.
Agree , Devils need these last two games going into the Playoffs. Looking for these kids to play well the rest of the way. This team has solid players with experience.
Russell by a bunch
I think Russell has the edge in this one being home. I base everything on both teams losing to Fleming County. Confusedhh: Going to be a barn burner :devilflam

Russell 28
Bath County 21
I'm paying closer attention to Russell now because I'm very impressed. This is a team that plays the game that it was meant to be played - no letdown on the opponent. Let the tears flow, and let the snot roll.
Russell by 3 TDs or more.
WideRight05 Wrote:I'm paying closer attention to Russell now because I'm very impressed. This is a team that plays the game that it was meant to be played - no letdown on the opponent. Let the tears flow, and let the snot roll.

Don't get carried away with wins over Lewis County and Pendleton County WideRight05. I Remember the 2002 Breathill County vs Russell game well snot was flowing I was at that game. :Cheerlead
That was a great game.
Russell 34
Bath Co 7

I wouldn't read to much into those Fleming Co scores either.
Russell has been scoring a lot of points for sure. Just showing Boyd a little respect :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn:
Russell - 41

Bath County - 20
These last two weeks, despite poor opposition, have given Russell the opportunity to find someone confidence and cohesiveness on offense. Bath is a big step up from Pendleton and Lewis, but I think the Devils might be on the verge of hitting their stride. They're starting to get healthy. Hopefully Conner Slone's back this week and ready to go.

RB Nathan Swartz looks like Bath's best offensive player with over 900 yards rushing and 16 total touchdowns. Stopping him will be key.

Russell's depth and physicality will be the difference, I think. Sorry FBALL, I'm stealing your prediction...

Russell 34
Bath Co. 7
Bath is a physical football team. They play an unorthodox style of defense and various forms of the wishbone offense. I don't know if they have the horses to pull this one out but they can make it interesting for sure.
Russell also has the added motivation of trying to stay in the race for the 1 seed in the district. That should add a little more fire to Russell's belly than might have been there otherwise.
have not seen bath county play but if they are physical Russell might be in trouble cause Russell is not very physical and they should not lost a game in that weak district
kyfootball2014 Wrote:have not seen bath county play but if they are physical Russell might be in trouble cause Russell is not very physical and they should not lost a game in that weak district

Outside of Ashland, no one has gained much over. 100 yds rushing on their defense, and they haven't given up more than two tds a game.