Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 78 Johnson Central 66
Final Score
Any stats?
Wow. Didn't expect this to happen.
Landon must have had a good game!
One player can't make a team win by this much. Paintsville played a very good game from the looks of it.
"SuperMario" Wrote:One player can't make a team win by this much. Paintsville played a very good game from the looks of it.

I'll bet they couldn't have done it without him!
I'll venture out there and say you are correct o-line.
I believe some of the stats off of BGP are...
L. Slone - 37pts
J. VanHoose- 21pts
S. Grimm- 11pts

Matt Hensley played another great game on the inside, Williams crashed the boards hard all night. As for the Eagles, they tried getting the ball inside against the Tigers and were successful in doing so but they couldn't get their shots to fall. Hatfield missed several shots inside, but majority from 3point land. McCarty was almost a non-factor, his defense was exceptional. Stapleton played very physical, but was shut down by Williams. Overall good game, Congrats Tigers and Coach Runyon on another W. The 57th tourney should be interesting this season.
It will be interesting, I'd probably rather watch it than the 58th this season. Congrats to BMR and the Tigers program on a good W.
I agree Jay. The 58th shouldn't be too interesting to watch this year. The 57th will be a cat fight.
"SuperMario" Wrote:One player can't make a team win by this much. Paintsville played a very good game from the looks of it.

37 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 assist pretty much sums that statement up Mario, Paintsville would have got beat without him. JD is getting back in his groove after being gone for 2 weeks with mono, Grimm played another great game, Williams was an animal on the boards tonight, and Hensley played another solid game. This game was pretty physical, bout one of the most physical games I have ever witnessed, JC had it out for Landon tonight, there were a few cheap, dirty fouls commited on Slone, he took a beating lastnight that's for sure.
I was very disappointed in how a few players from central acted, including since they were seniors. Theses two guards should have had technicals called on them on more then one occasion. I guess they couldnt handle the fact that they were getting lit up by a freshman
"Superman" Wrote:I was very disappointed in how a few players from central acted, including since they were seniors. Theses two guards should have had technicals called on them on more then one occasion. I guess they couldnt handle the fact that they were getting lit up by a freshman

Exactly, same point I was getting at, that is the only reason they were after Slone like they were, because he is a Freshman and they can't stop him.
congrats paintsville
This was a good win for the Tigers
good job tigers!!!
Landon Slone, Shane Grim, and J.D. Van Hoose has to be one of the top 3 man freshmen tandems in the state. They will only get a whole lot better. It will be very fun in Paintsville for the next 3 years.
The trio of Freshmen outscored Central's whole team, who woulda ever thought that would happen, pretty impressive.
I heard Landon Slone and all the other tigers had a great game and played really well...

GOOD JOB TIGERS!!!