Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games for 9-11-15
I would like to take this time to remind everyone to be careful tomorrow and have fun at all the games. But, please remember what this day has come to symbolize since 2001. God Bless you all and God Bless our nation.
^^
Classy post, myson!
Just thinking of all those hurt by that day. I guess in some way that would be all of us. Thank you Granny b
Great post Mysonis55 I will never forget that day so many thing was going on in my life that day. I panic with fear and went and got my son out of school and call my girlfriend and told her about the plane hitting the towers. She panic then and told me her brother-in-law work in the towers. It was later that night before it was confirm that he made it out of the first tower. So yes I will never forget and I will alway remember. :USAFlag::USAFlag:
This will be like the Kennedy assassination....you will always remember where you were and what you were doing on September 11.

I was working that day. My boss yelled for me to come to his office and see on TV where (and I quote him here)...."some stupid SOB has flown into one of the twin towers". I finished what I was doing before I went into his office, and we were both watching when the second plane hit. My legs couldn't hold me up any longer; I knew we were under attack. Like you SUR, I called my daughter and told her to get the kids out of school and get to Harlan County ASAP. No matter what happened, I didn't think anybody cared enough about my part of the state to do any bombing. I just wanted everyone that I loved to be at my house that day.
2nd period chemistry class. Coach Curry was the teacher. Never forget.
I was on Camp Lejeune, when someone from my unit said 1 of the twin towers had been hit by a plane, I really didn't know anything about NYC, but was told it was a big skyscraper "I replied something aint right about that how can you accidently hit a big building you can see miles away, a couple minutes later it was confirmed we where under attack when we heard about the 2nd tower. Approximately 24 hours later I was sitting on my seabag with my m16 waiting to board a ship. Never forget my crazy Sgt Major who had 3 confirm kills with an e tool in Vietnam when he was in Recon asking me if I had toilet paper in my seabag then going and swiping some for me when I said I didn't.
Thank you for your service.
Time seemed to stop for most Americans who found themselves caught up in grief and non-belief from what was taking place on 9-11. Nevertheless, the sun continued to rise and fall, and the seasons changed, football games were played. All of us someway managed to bandaged our wounds the best we could, and we were forced to move forward, although it seemed inappropriate at the time, I remember that most of all. All these years-removed, and amidst wars on three fronts, the word 'terrorist' used in daily conversations in most circles now days, still all of us war-weary Americans have fallen into a regimen of “normalcy” someway and have adapted to a necessary post-9/11 mentality even though it is a day in our history we will never forget, no matter where we were or what we were doing. The day that changed America forever.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I was on Camp Lejeune, when someone from my unit said 1 of the twin towers had been hit by a plane, I really didn't know anything about NYC, but was told it was a big skyscraper "I replied something aint right about that how can you accidently hit a big building you can see miles away, a couple minutes later it was confirmed we where under attack when we heard about the 2nd tower. Approximately 24 hours later I was sitting on my seabag with my m16 waiting to board a ship. Never forget my crazy Sgt Major who had 3 confirm kills with an e tool in Vietnam when he was in Recon asking me if I had toilet paper in my seabag then going and swiping some for me when I said I didn't.

I agree with PHS...thank you for your service.
Also what is an e tool? Vietnam is my generation's war, and my husband fought there but I've never heard of it.

Tight End Wrote:Time seemed to stop for most Americans who found themselves caught up in grief and non-belief from what was taking place on 9-11. Nevertheless, the sun continued to rise and fall, and the seasons changed, football games were played. All of us someway managed to bandaged our wounds the best we could, and we were forced to move forward, although it seemed inappropriate at the time, I remember that most of all. All these years-removed, and amidst wars on three fronts, the word 'terrorist' used in daily conversations in most circles now days, still all of us war-weary Americans have fallen into a regimen of “normalcy” someway and have adapted to a necessary post-9/11 mentality even though it is a day in our history we will never forget, no matter where we were or what we were doing. The day that changed America forever.

Why do you think we needed to adapt a post-9/11 mentality? To deal with situations like ISIS??
I had chosen not to go to college in the fall of 01, I had turned down a full scholarship to Morehead St and a pretty cushy offer fro DeVry to stay with my grandmother who was very ill. On Sept 9th, 2011 my grandmother passed away I was to start training for a new job the next day. My world had been rocked the greatest woman I had ever known was gone, as we made arrangements on Sept 10th I remember thinking this was the worst thing that could happen to my family.

As I drove to training on Sept 11th, with my grandmothers funeral looming that afternoon I was pretty spaced out, I was in a mood that required angry and heavy music. I remember my Disturbed CD ending and pulling it out to put in Pantera's Cowboys from Hell to listen to Cemetery Gates and just as I was reaching for the CD from the visor sleeve. The radio broadcast caught my attention, I didn't know what was going on. The broadcast was talking about how many people work in the WTC and I just couldn't understand why that mattered. Then I heard the most chilling words in my life..."a second plane has hit the towers". At that moment the death of my grandmother sunk into the background and I realized how minuscule my loss was on that day.
Your welcome everyone. Plans changed last minute, and I didn't go. An E Tool is a shovel that folds up, it is appx 20 inches long when extended. They are still used today, or at least where when I got out in 02. E tool is just short for entrenching tool. Every Marine has 1 to dig there fighting hole with.
They have been using them for years. You should have tp in your meal kit as well.