Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golf Repair Store
This may sound weird and even dumb to some of you all who don't golf or know of anything about golf. To those people, I am sorry.

I was at work the other day thinking to myself about how I wanted to get some new grips on my irons, some nice golf pride white grips to be exact. But I thought to myself to get them done, I have to travel all the way to Lexington at Dicks Sporting Goods. So I began thinking maybe I could start doing this out of a small business that my family already owns were I could take small jobs from locals that I know that may be in need of some regrips or maybe even the shafts needing to be changed on their clubs. It was just an idea that ran through my head because we don't have anything like this around where I live. Or even close to where I live. (Floyd County)

So I was just wodmering if any of you all had any insight into this or any insight into starting a business of any sort. All feedback would be appreciated and negativity is welcomed.
I think you're on the right page with this idea. It would be good if you could go all out and just open up a driving range with a small pro shop and repair out of there. I've always thought a place like that in EKY would do well.
^I wish, but I don't have that kind of money to dump into a business such as keep things stocked and running a full blown golfing range. I'm just thinking I'll get me some equipment to do re-grip jobs and then go from there. I'll try to find me a place to buy some golf grips in bulk and then try to sell those and take in orders to install them as well. I just want to do it as a hobby and potentially make a little side money.

But for a little more background on myself, I'm just a college boy that has a idea you know what I mean? I'm just looking into ways to become a business man in some sorts. lol Long shot, I know! But I appreciate the input!
Call around to different courses in your area and ask who if anyone regrips clubs. You'll either learn that not many if any folks do and that will be only help you moving forward...

Or you may learn there's a few folks who already do and the market will be more competitive than what you thought...

A little research on the front end may help considerable before you pull the trigger on buying a big inventory of grips...

Track down info on a local small business incubator. A lot of tech schools or junior colleges offer these providing good info on business start ups, and what you'll need to know to get off on a good foot...

Best wishes and good luck! You may be on to something...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Call around to different courses in your area and ask who if anyone regrips clubs. You'll either learn that not many if any folks do and that will be only help you moving forward...

Or you may learn there's a few folks who already do and the market will be more competitive than what you thought...

A little research on the front end may help considerable before you pull the trigger on buying a big inventory of grips...

Track down info on a local small business incubator. A lot of tech schools or junior colleges offer these providing good info on business start ups, and what you'll need to know to get off on a good foot...

Best wishes and good luck! You may be on to something...

I have actually been calling around and have talked to some of the local golf courses that have pro shops built in them and they do offer regrips and I got their prices and they do vary because I have a buddy who works in a pro shop locally and he does the regripping in his spare time at the course.

I just need to figure out how to go about doing this particular small business typed thing. I want to do it right and I ain't doing it to make a lot of money, because I'm not a dumb guy. Lol but I just would thoroughly enjoy it and enjoy the fact of having a business.