3. Hazard
4. June Buchanan
5. Paintsville
6. Southwestern
7. Cumberland
8. Shelby Valley
9. Belfry
10. Jackson County

after beating belfry who is ranked 9th on here should Pikeville now be in the 10 ten in the mountains?? or does belfry fall out and another team fill the spot?
i think that belfry should be off the top 10 but i think some other team should go on it because you might of beat one team on the top 10 that doesn't mean you can beat any of the other teams on there and other teams not on there so once they win a couple more games they should go on there but just beating one team on there doesn't mean you should be on there
allthewayhome Wrote:i think that belfry should be off the top 10 but i think some other team should go on it because you might of beat one team on the top 10 that doesn't mean you can beat any of the other teams on there and other teams not on there so once they win a couple more games they should go on there but just beating one team on there doesn't mean you should be on there
i agree
How is JBS behind Hazard??
Panther Thunder Wrote:WYMT Boys' Mountain Top Ten
Week 3: 12/15/06
Boys

1. South Laurel
2. Bell Co.
3. Hazard
4. June Buchanan
5. Paintsville
6. Southwestern
7. Cumberland
8. Shelby Valley
9. Belfry
10. Jackson County

after beating belfry who is ranked 9th on here should Pikeville now be in the 10 ten in the mountains?? or does belfry fall out and another team fill the spot?

looks good, and I think SV plays Bell Co in the Cumberland Falls Invitational
Belfry should definately be taken off the top ten.
Doc John Wrote:How is JBS behind Hazard??

Because Hazard dont play The School of the Blind!!
Doc John Wrote:How is JBS behind Hazard??

Because Hazard is a better team. Simple.
Belfry needs to be taken off
kyballer Wrote:Belfry needs to be taken off

I agree...Belfry..off
Other than belfry it looks good but its still early in the season
this list will change when teams start playing the heart of the schedual. i dont see the top 4 changing that drastically, but the bottom half will have plenty of teams to be fighting for those spots, teams like cumberland and shelbyvalley are on their runs but when it comes to the bottom half of the schedual, their season may become a choke.
stroked Wrote:this list will change when teams start playing the heart of the schedual. i dont see the top 4 changing that drastically, but the bottom half will have plenty of teams to be fighting for those spots, teams like cumberland and shelbyvalley are on their runs but when it comes to the bottom half of the schedual, their season may become a choke.

I agree :Thumbs:
hey stroked, it appears that you are the joke or choke or whatever you are trying to say about cumberland and shelby valley. they are both quality teams and deserve a lot more respect than someone like you, who probably knows very little about basketball is willing to give them. you obviously do not know anything about all of the hard work and dedication these 2 teams have put in to their programs over the last 3 years, in the process becoming very solid. both teams play excellent defense with lots of heart and guts and also have played together for some time and play very well together as a TEAM. they will both continue to be very good teams throughout the year and will be in the hunt in their resepective regions come tournament time
the hustler Wrote:hey stroked, it appears that you are the joke or choke or whatever you are trying to say about cumberland and shelby valley. they are both quality teams and deserve a lot more respect than someone like you, who probably knows very little about basketball is willing to give them. you obviously do not know anything about all of the hard work and dedication these 2 teams have put in to their programs over the last 3 years, in the process becoming very solid. both teams play excellent defense with lots of heart and guts and also have played together for some time and play very well together as a TEAM. they will both continue to be very good teams throughout the year and will be in the hunt in their resepective regions come tournament time

You tell him Hustler!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy
svhs-1 Wrote:You tell him Hustler!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy

Thats right
JBS should be number 3, no way Hazard should be ahead of them, and JBS is playing a completely different schedule then ever before, the 5th/3rd, wymt, Pcc, Mason, a 2 point loss to a team that will be in the final 4 of the state tournament this year, and Hazard got a 17 point loss to Holmes, who is a good team, but i dont think near as good as Mason, and people can say Mason over looked JBS, or they played bad or whatever they want to say, but Miller had 28 and to me, it didnt look like they had a bad game, JBS will be a huge force from now and for years to come, people just need to deal with it
the hustler Wrote:hey stroked, it appears that you are the joke or choke or whatever you are trying to say about cumberland and shelby valley. they are both quality teams and deserve a lot more respect than someone like you, who probably knows very little about basketball is willing to give them. you obviously do not know anything about all of the hard work and dedication these 2 teams have put in to their programs over the last 3 years, in the process becoming very solid. both teams play excellent defense with lots of heart and guts and also have played together for some time and play very well together as a TEAM. they will both continue to be very good teams throughout the year and will be in the hunt in their resepective regions come tournament time

with all respect to both teams, but they are both yet to play a even decent team, Valley is 8-0, but looking at their schedule, its not much, and its not much for the whole year, the best team they have played so far being prob, Buckhorn or Shawnee, 2 weak teams, Shawnee may sound like a powerhouse, but they are just 3-7, and Buckhorns 1-5, they are a good team but not playing a team like Hazard, or June Buchanan, they dont compare really at all, and for Cumberland they are 6-0, and the teams they have played are better than what Valley has played, but as of right now the top 4 teams in the mountains are Laurel, Bell, JBS, and Hazard
belfry should be off
I dont think that the hustler was trying to say Cumberland or SV should be in the top 4 in the mountains but only defending the teams who have earned those spots with their undefeated records. I think both Cumberland and Shelby Valley will prove even further that they belong in the top 10 with good showings if not championships in their respective Christmas tourneys. Only time will tell.
allthewayhome Wrote:i think that belfry should be off the top 10 but i think some other team should go on it because you might of beat one team on the top 10 that doesn't mean you can beat any of the other teams on there and other teams not on there so once they win a couple more games they should go on there but just beating one team on there doesn't mean you should be on there

OK...I have read, reread, got up and fixed a coke and came back and read it again!!! Then I read it to my wife!!! I can't understand a dang thing about this!!!! Were you drunk when you wrote it?
Whine all you want about JBS shouldnt be ahead of Hazard cause Mason had a bad game , but bottom line...
JBS 55 #3 in stateMason Co 57
Hazard 40 #20 in state Holmes 57
Not that it matters and you will say they dindt have there players but i was at the game and JBS did beat Hazard in summer ball at August by 8
I agree JBS should be ahead of Hazard dont get me wrong both are great teams but JBS is just a little bit better
not to mention Hazad just got destroyed by Dunbar 61-104
hazard won't be the same since spurlock left
windmill Wrote:not to mention Hazad just got destroyed by Dunbar 61-104

did they really, when was this??
The Guru Wrote:OK...I have read, reread, got up and fixed a coke and came back and read it again!!! Then I read it to my wife!!! I can't understand a dang thing about this!!!! Were you drunk when you wrote it?
Maybe that's your problem. Your hooked on that danged old COKE. Just say NO!!!! Smile
Looks pretty good to me
rooster Wrote:Maybe that's your problem. Your hooked on that danged old COKE. Just say NO!!!! Smile
lmao!
Tell me you understood it????