Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Football ??? 2007
Whats the rules on Spring Football.. Iheard today that we can play scrimmages and practice for 10 days.. ?????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I believe they can have a scrimmage but I know McGlone does not like to scrimmage during this time because they don't even hit during spring practice I believe. I think thay just run through plays in the gym.
No pads?
How did 4 teams have a round robin scrimmage last year in the spring,, and I think another team had a red white game in the spring.....
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I believe it is up to the school's whether they want to go with pads or not, I just don't see McGlone going all out for spring practice and getting someone injured that plays a spring sport.
Your only allowed to scrimmage agaisnt each other during spring practice, and not other teams, right?
I'm not sure if that is right or not I have been told that there were a couple of teams that scrimmaged each other during there spring practices.
4 tean round robin play....last spring in a town in Kentucky...
The rules say you can have an inter squad scrimmage (red-white game) but you can't play against anyone else. If a school did participate in a scrimmage they could be punished.
WOW.. if this is true then why in the world would you endanger 4 teams with this crap?????? I hope that this is not true.......
This is from the KHSAA handbook:

[size=1]8) Each football school may conduct ten (10) practice

periods of not more than two (2) hours in length and

not more than one practice per day over ten (10) days

during the three calendar school weeks following the

school’s elimination from post-season play in basketball.

All equipment authorized by the football playing rules may

be used during this period. There can be no inter-school

competition during this period, and all participants must

be eligible according to all KHSAA eligibility rules.

[/size]
Powell always has an intrasquad scrimmage during this time .. but there is always a struggle to get people out
Yeah I agree cannon209...But from what i hear there should be a bunch coming out for this year.
I wish it were time to start back right now. The saeson went by too quick.