Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 7 Allen Central 0
Lawrence County gets the win at Allen Central 7 to 0. This field is a little out of the way but when you get there what a great place to play baseball, its quite, lots of shade, great consessions.
Lc austin Bailey gets the win in his second start of the season. Chase coverdale did not play and zach keesee did not play as keesee was gone to see doc k. Good news for him from what I hear no tommy john needed at this time. I would say they are glade they made the trip to Cincinnati. LC seems to be playing better lately good time to peak as the tournaments are just around the corner.
Allen Central played well just couldn't get hits when they needef to. But they are a solid team and could be a threat come tourney time.
I saw Allen Central one time and I was impressed with them...Pretty athletic.
Bob Seger Wrote:I saw Allen Central one time and I was impressed with them...Pretty athletic.

And seeing that LC was without 2 of the MAIN starters, even more impressive. I heard that Bailey went 4 innings and sophomore lefty went 3 innings. They combined for 11 or 12 strikeouts and only a couple of walks. The Bailey kid is starting to throw more pitches now and is working himself in to shape. Keesee should be back tomorrow since he was told that there was no tear in his elbow ligament. Chase will be out for a while. Hope he recovers quickly and has no setbacks.

LC's offensive also had 14 hits. Not too shabby. :Thumbs:
Not been able to see a lot of games this year but did get to see this one. LC is much better than I expected they would be. AC seemed to have much of the same problems they have had the last few years in that they couldn't get that timely hit. AC seems to have responded OK to the coaching change this year. Still not sure why Coach Hall was fired and couldn't seem to get a straight answer at this game. None the less either of these teams could make noise in region with the right draw. Good luck to all.