Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53rd District Championship Knott Central 48 Letcher Central 28
Final from LCC. Both move to 14th Region held at Powell County on Wed, Th, Mon, and Tuesday.

KCC
Justice 25 pts
Hall 10 pts 10 rebs

LCC
Carter 18 pts
[Image:

]

More mash taters please!
[Image:

]

More mash taters please!
Did Letcher try to slow the game down
3sportfan Wrote:Did Letcher try to slow the game down

[Image:

]

Good idea, terrible timing. You can't do that and down double digits. Letcher should have done that after Knott scored their first bucket. Oh well, I woke up and nothing changed. It was like time stood still. Wowza!

More mash taters please!
My thoughts on this game are, why in this world would you stall on 2 occasions. One down 9 and one down 16. You may say he did it to keep the score respectable(if so admit it you have no jewels and go on) or it was his game plan to try and win. I have saw the stall used several times but it is always a game plan from the get go or a 1/2 possession game late in the half or 4th. The game was close the first quarter with LCC making some big shots.There is no way to justify holding the ball over 5 minutes, with the other team in major foul trouble, single digit deficit, and your best player hotter than fatpat at tater farm. #1 for LCC was on fire , had 16(3/4 threes) in a little over a quarter! Now you hold, he gets flat and scores only 2 points the rest of the game...If that is good coaching I am John Wooden!

You may even have an argument that they get the ball after the half but possession went to KCC.He basically said to his kids I don't believe in you, they are better than you, and we can't possibly win! that's not right! Again I say LCC was in the best possible position that they could have ask for. Down single digits, other team has 2 starters out with 2 fouls, my best player is on fire, we have the ball, and wait.....here's the kicker we have over 5 minutes to take advantage of all this. To top it off hall is limping with a minor ankle turn!! Sheeeesh!
Play and try to cut into the lead while you have the advantage if you get the chance to hold 2:00 before the half to make it a 1 possession game then fine. The one that shows this was not about trying to win was when he did the same thing down 16.

Now with all that being said the players for LCC should not hang their heads they played well when they had the chance, They had to be shooting over 60% from the field when the stall came and were doing a pretty good job defensively I truly think Coach Hammonds is a good coach and had a good game plan on offense and defense minus the stall. I think his only problem is he makes everything about him and not his team. LCC played hard and smart for the most part and I commend these young men. LCC could very easily be in the regional finals depending on the draw.
Hammond's just proved why he isn't a coach of the year material.. Dumb dumb move on his part.. Ice the hottest player you've got.. Really smart,, lol..
LCC has a shot at making regional finals. Why on earth would they show all their cards in the district finals against the same team they'd be playing in the region finals? Sounds like Coach Hammonds was trying different things to see what could work next week. No chance LCC beats KCC TWICE this season.
SSSShhh..don't tell them.
Knott is rolling.