Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 74 OBI 59
FINAL :popcorn:
Good win for the tigers. Once again I walked away from that gym absolutely blown away by Blake Smith. Kid absolutely dominated the game with his defense. Frazier couldn't do nothing on him and wouldn't even attempt to score if he had Smith on him. Don't know his numbers but he had to be close to a triple double. I'm not a clay fan but I love this kids game.
Good win for the Tigers. I thought they played pretty well tonight and I agree with Randy about Smith. He is as good as they come on the defensive end. Thought all of clays starters looked good. OBI played hard but not enough fore power just yet. Now let's go get JC
Got about all you could ask for from each player. Will Sexton with a big game. Anyone have the number of blocks for Smith? Had to be more than 6.
Smith had 19 PTs 6 Rebs 8 blocks 8 Asst 1 Stl
Got into the 1000pt club tonight also.
Congrats to Blake and the rest of the tigers
We are CC.
Smith line was 7-11 fg 19 pts 6 reb 8 blocks and 8 asst. He also crossed the 1000 pt mark tonight. From what I was told. I Also Thought THIS Was A Very Balanced Scoring attack. I think all 5 starters was in double figures. I liked how Farmer attacked the basket and did not settle for 3's. Good job tonight . Need another good effort Friday against Jackson
Congrats to the Tigers!
Don't know # of blocks, but Blake had 2 points in 1st half and 17 in 2nd half.
Count Wrote:Smith had 19 PTs 6 Rebs 8 blocks 8 Asst 1 Stl
Got into the 1000pt club tonight also.
Congrats to Blake and the rest of the tigers
We are CC.

Congrats to Blake Smith!:Thumbs:
Ryan House showed how much he means to this CC team in the first half. OBI was keying on Smith and Farmer so House torched em from behind the three.
Nice job Ryan.
What's crazy is House is not good enough to play at North but he is a starter on a 21 -6 CC team that is the regional favorite. And made major contribution on last year's regional championship team. Then u have Lawson from JC who is also not good enough to play for North but just sent them packing. Congrats to both of these kids for sticking it to North and showing there talent elsewhere. Politics at its best.
North's record speaks for itself.
Confusedinglepar:Clap::Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Count Wrote:Ryan House showed how much he means to this CC team in the first half. OBI was keying on Smith and Farmer so House torched em from behind the three.
Nice job Ryan.
House is a great player for Clay County! Great job Ryan!
Great job Clay County Tigers
Proud of the team. Way to go Clay County Tigers! Ryan House you did a great job getting those tigers fired up.
I think the conclusion is that this was what the Tigers needed after a long break. Now on to Jackson County.
Best aspect of this game was the defensive improvement. Very encouraging.
This was 1st time(this year) seeing Smith play. Very Nice player and can play at next level.
Clay is my pick to win Region. Need to keep picking up the pace.
I've never seen Coach Robinson from OBI that upset. In his defense, the official blew 2 calls in a row and ended up potentially costing OBI 7 points. They probably wouldn't have won anyway, but anybody that was there could see they blew those 2 back to back calls. It was at a critical point in the game too, with OBI trailing by 10 in the 4th. Robinson had to be restrained and police got involved! OBI is on the rise and will be a factor in the coming years. Diggy is only a junior, if I'm not mistaken.
13th region hoops Wrote:I've never seen Coach Robinson from OBI that upset. In his defense, the official blew 2 calls in a row and ended up potentially costing OBI 7 points. They probably wouldn't have won anyway, but anybody that was there could see they blew those 2 back to back calls. It was at a critical point in the game too, with OBI trailing by 10 in the 4th. Robinson had to be restrained and police got involved! OBI is on the rise and will be a factor in the coming years. Diggy is only a junior, if I'm not mistaken.

OBI is on the rise. Coach Robinson does a good job. The calls were terrible, too.
They where horrible calls both ways and some horrible no calls. It just wasn't against OBI
I'm a Tiger fan 100% but I call em like I see em. Agree to disagree. Just beat Jackson County and on to the region.
The call on the sideline that went off of OBI they called off House was horrible. And Smith was mugged 2x's on shots and no calls. That kid never complains to a ref. And he did last night. I agree they where some bad calls on OBI but they where bad both ways. I think the 13th region refs as a whole are garbage but that's just my opinion
Cellking Wrote:This was 1st time(this year) seeing Smith play. Very Nice player and can play at next level.
Clay is my pick to win Region. Need to keep picking up the pace.

Go Big Clay!
:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
I've stated before that House deserves more credit.What is encouraging is Clay's desire as a team to play defense.Smith is one of the top juniors in the state.We've stated all year that he has the ability to slow or stop great scorers.If Clay brings this intensity and passion on defense every game forth,Clay will make a good run in the state tourney.