Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question
In Kentucky, how many OT's can teams go into before it's considered a tie? Or do they keep playing until someone win's.

One more question, let's say a team tied every regular season game they played by some crazy chance, would you be eligable for playoffs? Or not? Cause you didn't lose, but you also didn't win?

Thanx
Panther#42 Wrote:In Kentucky, how many OT's can teams go into before it's considered a tie? Or do they keep playing until someone win's.

One more question, let's say a team tied every regular season game they played by some crazy chance, would you be eligable for playoffs? Or not? Cause you didn't lose, but you also didn't win?

Thanx

1. I believe that the teams keep playing until someone wins.

2. Yes, the team would be eligible for the playoffs. Most likely the team would finish 2nd in their district.

Example:

Team A beats Team B and C and ties to Team D. 2-0-1 record
Team B beats Team C, loses to A, and ties to D. 1-1-1 record
Team C loses to A and B and ties to D. 0-2-1 record
Team D ties Teams A, B, and C. 0-0-3 record

Seeding is based on the number of losses within the district, and then by wins. Since they have no losses, they would be tied for 1st place in the district with Team A. They would lose the tiebreaker because Team A actually has a win(s) within the district, while Team D didn't.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Panther#42 Wrote:In Kentucky, how many OT's can teams go into before it's considered a tie? Or do they keep playing until someone win's.

Thanx

why make things complicated!???????????????
mrfootball03 Wrote:why make things complicated!???????????????

I was just wondering! lol
Good questions. It is possible and could happen!!
well it IS an entertaining question, ill give you that..and thank you TC68 for the thorough answer:Thumbs:
Panther#42 Wrote:I was just wondering! lol
EKY Sportster Wrote:Good questions. It is possible and could happen!!
I don't think so...I wonder what the odds of that scenario happening are?????
fox sports Wrote:I don't think so...I wonder what the odds of that scenario happening are?????

They are a whole lot worse than the odds of me getting you back for putting me on the air last night.Smile

Always look over your shoulder. I'll be there somewhere.
Well let's just say I don't think a game can end in a tie anymore. In KY you keep playing until someone wins whether it is 1 OT or 50 OT's( which I think would be imposible to get to but I could be wrong).So to say there would be