Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn vs Perry County Central 1-09-15
Thoughts and Predictions. :popcorn:
Perry wins the game.

Buckhorn wins the fight.
Last time these 2 teams met it was a 6pt win for perry at buckhorn. This time. :worthy:

Perry County Central 76
Buckhorn 54
Perry wins. Perry/Buckhorn now resembles Hazard/Perry of the past. Hilarious.
Perry by 2 with some homecookin
Hospitality room takes a beating
Perry Central - 60
Buckhorn - 62

The Horn pulls the upset!!!
Buckhorn by 3
Conner Hoskins vs. 1st cousin (Damon Tobler)
Will be a battle.
Sometimes, I wonder if even Coach Cal's Wildcats could win at PCC; it is such a tough place to play! I kid, I kid, although they do have one of the best home-court advantages in the mountains. Should be a great game, though. It always is between these two clubs. I love a good upset and this tournament always seems to have one, so I'll say "The Horn" by 3.

Also, LOL at the first cousin remark. Now that is funny stuff. If only Julian Tackett would come across what is going on there.
Buckhorn by 4 in a tough one

The Horn Blows Loudly
Perry by 15. Braxton Beverly will take over the game. The Horn can't stop him.
Perry by double figures
Home team by 10
This game is real simple to anyone who has watched both teams on several occasions. PCC will dominate this game. Buckhorn got lucky the last time they played because the refs allowed them to taunt Beverly even on dead balls. PCC by 14.:ConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
Perry by 6
64SUR Wrote:Last time these 2 teams met it was a 6pt win for perry at buckhorn. This time. :worthy:

Perry County Central 76
Buckhorn 54

No, it was played at perry! And if I recall correctly perry had one of their favorite officials calling the game!
The last game between these two was played at Perry and PCC did win by 6. I watched the game. However, Buckhorn had their #1 rated official calling the game. Buckhorn chased Beverly the whole game and had a good strategy but the taunting on dead balls and holding on inbounds will not be allowed by many refs.
It is kind of funny how most people act like it is a such a shock or that Buckhorn gets lucky every time they hang with Perry, when in actuality this rivalry has been very competitive for several years now, with BHS even winning a few times. Kudos to John Noble for taking over Buckhorn many years ago when not many would have and making them competitive again in the region and district.
This will be a great atmosphere. However, the Dores will be the victors in this one. Dores by 10. Can't wait!

:insane:
The Chief Wrote:It is kind of funny how most people act like it is a such a shock or that Buckhorn gets lucky every time they hang with Perry, when in actuality this rivalry has been very competitive for several years now, with BHS even winning a few times. Kudos to John Noble for taking over Buckhorn many years ago when not many would have and making them competitive again in the region and district.

I agree with you that John Noble has done a super job at Buckhorn and it's not a shock that they hang with PCC to me. I just think that PCC just has 10 to 12 kids that could start on most teams in the region and they play great competition. I have watched both teams on several occasions and feel that PCC is a 10 point better team.
Perry by a bunch.Can't wait for the Knott-Perry matchup!
Hoskins will have 20+
Crank will have 16-20!!!
Perry by 8-10
The unaddressed question is not about the officiating or the taunting. The question
is how will PCC address the chaser. Will they adjust? Do they need to adjust?
Will Noble chase? Noble might double out of the zone. Hoskins might feel that
the chaser didn't hurt him and simply tweak another segment of his offense.
Perry has got this one. Waiting for Justice and Beverly matchup. It will be exciting to watch.