Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is going on with Pikeville?
After watching the Panthers play a couple games I love the chances of my Warriors to advance to region again. Not much of a bench for Pikeville. Are there any sophomores playing for the Panthers? Most of the bench looks like freshmen or younger.
We be alright bro. How many district trophies your warriors got?
The only sophomore on the team is Connor Risner. Looks like they are trying to eliminate classes of kids in preparation for the Freshmen class. Looks like next year it will be built around mainstays Johnson and May along with the Freshmen that are dressing varsity. Other junior's on the team such as Zach Thacker and Keegan Williams have even been relegated to Jv play.
Pikeville has been there before, Just watch
Happens every year, they can't keep the players over one year. Look back over last few years, there is trend.
Seem to be alright, since they beat Paintsville last night.
PHSForever Wrote:Seem to be alright, since they beat Paintsville last night.

Even the blind squirrel can occasionally find the nut
sprucepinetiger Wrote:The only sophomore on the team is Connor Risner. Looks like they are trying to eliminate classes of kids in preparation for the Freshmen class. Looks like next year it will be built around mainstays Johnson and May along with the Freshmen that are dressing varsity. Other junior's on the team such as Zach Thacker and Keegan Williams have even been relegated to Jv play.

Betsy Layne tried that once back in the 80's. Only problem was they got rid of the wrong class. The class that was supposed to be the chosen one's didn't even get out of the district.
TheChief Wrote:Even the blind squirrel can occasionally find the nut
Or the seeing squirrel simply out works the other one. All I'm hearing is Pikeville simply out hustled Paintsville. "Hard work beats talent, when talent won't work hard".
I been hearing Coach Bart Williams has been working very hard to find a shooter. Maybe he found one.
Watched the Pikeville vs. Johnson Central game the other night. Heard the Pikeville coach screaming to a Pikeville parent across the floor to shut up. Don't think I have ever seen a coach lose it like he did.
I noticed one of the assistant coaches from Pikeville was not on the bench at East Ridge for the game. Any truth to the rumors that Denny Paul May has run him off?
Good luck Pikeville.
TheChief Wrote:Watched the Pikeville vs. Johnson Central game the other night. Heard the Pikeville coach screaming to a Pikeville parent across the floor to shut up. Don't think I have ever seen a coach lose it like he did.
Watched the pikeville vs. johnson central game the other night. Heard everyone saying how shitty an nasty all the Elkhorn/Feds Creek area was. I do think i have seen many a coach and people lose it like they did.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What does that have to do with Pikeville vs. Johnson Central?
Westside Wrote:Betsy Layne tried that once back in the 80's. Only problem was they got rid of the wrong class. The class that was supposed to be the chosen one's didn't even get out of the district.
Yeah, seems to be that way at every school. Somebody has a class of chosen one's who can do no wrong and even if they do they're not going to suffer for it. As the old saying goes, sometimes you have better ball players walking the hall's who won't come out because of crap like this. Just make sure that those you like the best get the minutes and all the glory, that's all that matters. Or seems to matter. By the way Westside, seems like you and I might have walked the hall's at BLHS at different times. Would you care to tell me what class you're talking about? I know back in the day there was a lot of kids who didn't come out of just flat out left. Two that come to mind during my era, Kevin Spurlock and Brian Wilson. Both went on to play and do well at Allen Central and Pikeville.
TheChief Wrote:Watched the Pikeville vs. Johnson Central game the other night. Heard the Pikeville coach screaming to a Pikeville parent across the floor to shut up. Don't think I have ever seen a coach lose it like he did.
I had heard this had happened but hadn't been able to confirm. A lot of inner turmoil at Pikeville right now.
KY Headhunter Wrote:I been hearing Coach Bart Williams has been working very hard to find a shooter. Maybe he found one.
I think he may still be looking Headhunter!!
Commanche Wrote:Happens every year, they can't keep the players over one year. Look back over last few years, there is trend.
This is a true statement. Look for the same thing to happen next year as well.
Wow.. Region should be good