Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sagemont (Fl) 50 - Knott Central 49
#1 and #3 in Kentucky both go down on the same night.

Knott's first loss of the season.

Good showing by Eastern Kentucky.
Games like this will get them ready for playing at the state tournament. Anyone got stats for the game.
Mental mistake at the end cost Knott.

Game was tied with 6 sec to go and Knott fouls thinking they they had 1 foul to give but it was used up seconds before putting Sagemont at the line for the bonus. Knott missed a desperation 3 at the buzzer.
I watched the entire game and downtown is right. I think it was there sophomore PG who made the mistake and that's going to happen.

As I said in another thread, Shadow Mountain is very good. They drubbed Scott County last weekend, and lost to Bishop Gorman by about the same amount.
I looked up Sagemont. They are a really good prep school in Florida. They have the #4 overall Florida senior who signed with UCLA. Held him to 11. And another kid #51 overall who signed with Chicago state. Great showing and looks like they are getting prepped to compete highly in the sweet 16.
Great showing by the Patriots thus far in the Classic.We've had a few mountain teams with good showings in these Christmas tourneys before and again this year.Clay had a great showing there years ago.Mistakes happen and you learn.Just makes you mentally stronger in your career down the line.Who says mountain boys can't play.Great exposure for all these kids and all these teams are in that tourney for a reason.