Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 47 South Laurel 40
BrokenArrow Wrote:Just like South destroyed West Jessamine early in the year. West Jessamine would win 95 out of 100 against them. Harlan County beat a Mercer County squad that was way more talented. Anyone can beat a better team. I think Corbin is a better team than Williamsburg but I do agree that your style will give them trouble. And your size will as well.Good luck tonight.

I guess what you are saying BrokenArrow that the 13th Region is pretty good. Confusednicker:
I'll say that I've watched somewhere In the vicinity of 50 high school games since season started. I've seen a lot of good teams and I will travel to watch 2 good teams play one another. I'm not saying I'm a genius but I know high school basketball. And I argued with a guy 2 weeks ago about North Laurel saying they where # 2 in the region. I told him he was crazy. He was ranking them on potential not performance. Have I been wrong sure I thought south would win last night. Am I biased absolutely not. When Clay plays bad I say it. When Clay plays a better team I say it. And you can mark it down if they win there next 2 games without Farmer and Arnold I will be shocked.
Yes they are. It's the best I've seen the region in many years. 1 -7 they can beat anyone on any night.
BrokenArrow Wrote:I'll say that I've watched somewhere In the vicinity of 50 high school games since season started. I've seen a lot of good teams and I will travel to watch 2 good teams play one another. I'm not saying I'm a genius but I know high school basketball. And I argued with a guy 2 weeks ago about North Laurel saying they where # 2 in the region. I told him he was crazy. He was ranking them on potential not performance. Have I been wrong sure I thought south would win last night. Am I biased absolutely not. When Clay plays bad I say it. When Clay plays a better team I say it. And you can mark it down if they win there next 2 games without Farmer and Arnold I will be shocked.

my 15 year hometown team north laurel want make my top 5 team ranking for awhile. I know it takes 8 team to play in a regional tourament just sayin. north will be 1 of 8 teams for sure....I Think :insane:
I agree with most of the statements made here.......there are actually about 6 or 7 teams that can win the 13th this year. Depending on state draw could make some noise in rupp too. Tonight we will lay some rest to the notion whether corbin is better than w'burg for the time being. Corbin @ corbin is tough for anyone to win. Corbin may win tonight but i stand by my statement earlier that teams with a stronger inside presence will give corbin trouble especially away from home. They just physically dont match up well. That will be the biggest factor for any of the top 6 or 7 teams......matchups. "better" teams lose games so many times because there are matchup problems somewhere in the line up and its hard to overcome. Think with sklyar griffith & andrew taylor you have a wash.....then the matchups come down to can hopper score more than shelton or either one neutralize the other. Then you have the issue of who from corbin will guard andrew griffith down low or out on the floor. Chase lowrie handles the point guard duties so well and plays great defense. Then you get into the bench play. Didn't see that corbin had a lot coming off the bench last night against rock. W'burg don't have big scorers coming off bench but they do have big kids that can step in and give good minutes to rest some players. If someone had told me that andrew griffith would have set for basically the entire first half and w'burg would still have the lead i would have thought their crazy. But those kids stepped up last night. Not saying that corbin cant win i'm simply talking how teams match up well with certain teams and not others. This should be an exciting ballgame tonight well worth admission. If w'burg can win this i think it sets a tone for the rest of their season.
I agree with everything you said except the Taylor matchup. I give that edge to corbin easily. That kid has dropped 30 5 or 6 times the year and makes a living drawing fouls. It should be a great game and good luck to both teams and hope it's an injury free exciting game.
Will be end of the season atmosphere early in the year and can really set the tone for either team the rest of the season. Hope the referees let the kids decide it.
Jmo, ranking top 5 teams:
1. Clay Co
2. North Laurel
3. Harlan Co
4. Williamsburg
5. Knox central
Hoopman1 Wrote:This district will be exciting to watch!!! When was the last time the burg won the district?

I think it was 98 when they had there head coach Robinson playing, along with one of the Vernons and another kid I cant remember. Before that I have no ideal. It was a 6 team district back then with Knox, Lynn Camp, Bville, Whitley, Corbin, and Wburg, and I think even all saints which didn't last long before they shut down.

Its been a long time coming for both Wburg and Whitley. Whitleys last district title in basketball was 81 I think.
If Williamsburg wins our district or region, I will pretend I am from another. I will never be glad if a stacked team wins. You can deny all you want, but the truth will stand when the world's on fire. If this forum is only for blowing smoke, then I gladly will stop posting and let you few that think you own it have it. Go ahead and talk your silly talk.
Flash154 Wrote:If Williamsburg wins our district or region, I will pretend I am from another. I will never be glad if a stacked team wins. You can deny all you want, but the truth will stand when the world's on fire. If this forum is only for blowing smoke, then I gladly will stop posting and let you few that think you own it have it. Go ahead and talk your silly talk.
Flash step back from the ledge it's going to be OK...
Ledge my crack. You need to jump off the bandwagon and face reality.
Truth99 Wrote:You guys are crazy if u think u are the favorite in the 50th. Corbin will mop the court with you all. I thought south stunk up the gym tonight and you guys did what u had to do to win. But in all honesty neither team impressed me one bit.

Truth99 who moping floor at Corbin now. :mop::mop::mop:
Nice win. Your the 3rd best team in region.
The Burg just keeps surprising but they have a very close team and seem to grind out games for tough wins.This region is as good as any across the state overall.Let's enjoy it!:Thumbs:
flash154 Wrote:if williamsburg wins our district or region, i will pretend i am from another. I will never be glad if a stacked team wins. You can deny all you want, but the truth will stand when the world's on fire. If this forum is only for blowing smoke, then i gladly will stop posting and let you few that think you own it have it. Go ahead and talk your silly talk.

dont understand what your beef is with w'burg but why dont you focus on whoever you want to support. If you want to defect to another region then by all means the borders are open this time of year and enjoy your walk. "stacked team" what in the world are you talking about? There is only one kid on this team that transferred in at the beginning of the year and one other kid that didn't play last year thats been a student there for 2 1/2 years. The rest of the team is the same......have no idea what your talking about. Did you start the eggnog a little early this year?