Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What one thing would you do tot improve the game?
Thoughts
I would like to see a player get 6 fouls and eliminate the 5 fouls and you are out. This could help do away with eliminating a player so soon in a game.
I think training and evaluation of officials.
With actually breakdown and input from the khsaa
i agree with that DOC also i would like to c a shot clock rule put into High School basketball i think ill make a thread about that.
I would like to 3 seconds called.
And i would also like to see players called for carrying the ball.
I agree with all of the improvements but if they were called on both sides of ball. Also, I would like for the 15th region tourney to be played on a neutral court. Its really not right for other teams to be playing there when the home team has the advantage.
Home court is an advantage anytime, anywhere not just in the 15th, but I do agree with the 3 seconds call, I mean zone defense is alright but zone offense? That's just ridiculous.
I like the idea of a neutral court as well, but I would like for it to stay in a high school gym.
The 15th deffinitly needs training for it's officials. They are pitiful. I also believe that high school basketball in general needs a shotclock. I think that it's so boring and frustrating that when a team has a lead in the last 2 mintues they'll hold the ball till the end of the game if they can. And I believe the foul limit should be left at 5. Collage plays a 40 minutes game with 5 fouls. The NBA has 6..but they play 48 minute games. If a player can't even play a 32 minutes..and nobody plays the whole game..without getting 5 fouls..then they deserve to be on the bench. And the palming the ball deffinitely needs to be called. In my opinion so does the jump step or whatever you wanna call it..I call it a traveling violation. After watching some games this year, I think khsaa is turning into And1.
I would like to see the officials be consistent. I don't like it when they let them play hard one minute, then call a touch foul the next.