Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
62.50%
Lexington Catholic
37.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Lexington Catholic Regional Championship 11/21
The title of the thread says it all. 7 out of the last 8 years we have seen these teams in the regionals. Lexington Catholic took the first game 26-17 on October 3rd.

Have the Rebels turned things around enough to win this one or are the Knights on a mission right now?

Who wins? Why?
I think it took the mid season loss to LC for the Boyle players to buy into Chuck Smith football,and I think they've improved in every phase of the game so I'll take Boyle for the win Friday night.
I like LC in this game, just think the are the overall better team. The have the better, balanced offense which will give them the win. Should be a good game to watch!
Hard to beat a team twice especially Boyle co.
REBELS win by 2 TDS
kcfan#1 Wrote:Hard to beat a team twice especially Boyle co.
REBELS win by 2 TDS

But in this long series, I don't believe the team that won the regular season meeting has ever lost the playoff rematch.

And we are talking a long time series with a break in the middle. Just off the top of my head I'm recalling the two playing twice in a year in: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and now 2014.

That's a pretty good sample size. :Thumbs:

(In case you are wondering the two were split up in 2001 and not placed in the same district again until 2007 I believe.)
Boyle County 21-14
Hatz Wrote:But in this long series, I don't believe the team that won the regular season meeting has ever lost the playoff rematch.

And we are talking a long time series with a break in the middle. Just off the top of my head I'm recalling the two playing twice in a year in: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and now 2014.

That's a pretty good sample size. :Thumbs:

(In case you are wondering the two were split up in 2001 and not placed in the same district again until 2007 I believe.)

I'm hoping for the first time ever this doesn't happen! :Thumbs:
It really doesn't matter what we all say or think. I hear people say teams have improved, teams on a mission... Blah blah blah. But doesn't ALL teams have a mission, especially if they have made it this far in the playoffs? Especially these 2 great programs. Boyle Co and Lex Catholic mission has always been winning district, regional and perhaps moving on to the state championship. Also ALL teams have improved through out the season and playoffs or teams would not be in this position. So to say one team has improved more than the other or is on a mission, throw all that out the window... This game, with the exception of Saint X vs Trinity is the BEST RIVALY in this state. This is going to be another classic. Good luck to both
Let's go Public Schools!!!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Lets go to all the teams that are still in the playoffs. LOL
FBfan4life Wrote:It really doesn't matter what we all say or think. I hear people say teams have improved, teams on a mission... Blah blah blah. But doesn't ALL teams have a mission, especially if they have made it this far in the playoffs? Especially these 2 great programs. Boyle Co and Lex Catholic mission has always been winning district, regional and perhaps moving on to the state championship. Also ALL teams have improved through out the season and playoffs or teams would not be in this position. So to say one team has improved more than the other or is on a mission, throw all that out the window... This game, with the exception of Saint X vs Trinity is the BEST RIVALY in this state. This is going to be another classic. Good luck to both

Relax there FB. It was to just start the thread. We all know what these two teams are capable of.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Relax there FB. It was to just start the thread. We all know what these two teams are capable of.

I am relax brother. As you read my opinion, I was not bias to one team. I merely stated that at this point of the season, EVERYONE has improved. Only teams remaining are the ones that have or had mission in their programs every year ( ie district, regional and state go deep in the playoffs ). Nice to see Pulp put in his 2 cents though. LOL
Boyle Co at Lexington Cath.. Same old story, whoever makes the plays with less mistakes wins the game, and I hope its Boyle. GO REBELS!!!!!
What grade is #30 from Boyle county in?
Pantherfan59 Wrote:What grade is #30 from Boyle county in?

#30 Aidan Stewart-Hoskins, he's a senior.
Rebels
Jack Lambert Wrote:I think it took the mid season loss to LC for the Boyle players to buy into Chuck Smith football,and I think they've improved in every phase of the game so I'll take Boyle for the win Friday night.

Hey Jack, running clock? LOL
FBfan4life Wrote:Hey Jack, running clock? LOL

Not this week.
I hope I make the game Friday night.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I hope I make the game Friday night.

Seriously bro? Why would you not attend? Bang in sick at work:getwell:
I plan on attending this game and hope things go better for Boyle this time around.

Lex Catholic is one of my least favorite stadiums to watch a game. The visitor seating is horrible (I don't even bother to go around to that side to see if there are any seats).

Also, the PA guy calls out the action DURING the plays which I don't think should be allowed. It helps out the defense when he says "Boyle back to pass..." etc.
know1 Wrote:I plan on attending this game and hope things go better for Boyle this time around.

Lex Catholic is one of my least favorite stadiums to watch a game. The visitor seating is horrible (I don't even bother to go around to that side to see if there are any seats).

Also, the PA guy calls out the action DURING the plays which I don't think should be allowed. It helps out the defense when he says "Boyle back to pass..." etc.

I was not at the earlier game as my daughter got married. This happened against West Jessamine a few years back and the Boyle coaches complained until the refs stopped the game and shut the PA guy up. I'm sure that the Boyle coaches will not let this happened this Friday night.
know1 Wrote:I plan on attending this game and hope things go better for Boyle this time around.

But doesn't the PA announcer say it too when Lex Cath " drops back to pass "? Disadvantage to both teams right.? I don't know that dude, I don't care for him. I get what you mean that it should not be allowed. I'm sure Lex Catholic HS is sorry that they could not accommodate your seating pleasure. Just joking on you brother. Let's just all stick to the game and what a wonderful opportunity for these great athletes to battle again for the right to meet either Cov Cath or FT Highlands.

Can't see over the players standing on the side lines, I always sit on the home side. Same way at Dixie and Boyle. And the visitors side on Cov Cath is not much better either. I sit on home side at all above mentioned teams.
How about a tie in this one. 2 great programs
Boyle county 62-5

that shouldnt be allowed.is he on radio and PA at same time?Confusednicker:
sstack Wrote:Can't see over the players standing on the side lines, I always sit on the home side. Same way at Dixie and Boyle. And the visitors side on Cov Cath is not much better either. I sit on home side at all above mentioned teams.

I stand on the sideline at all games :biggrin:
SETH BARTON IS BACK!!! Rebels 65-0
Catholic by 14. They go to Ft Thomas next week for another shoot out!