Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best linemen in the state?
best linemen just for fun
Christian Olmstead 6'4 310.
Lafayette's Landon Young. Only a junior and a UK commit. 6'7 260, long and lean. State Champ in wrestling and shot put. Some may wonder only why 260 LBS, well he has to keep around that weight for wrestling purpose. Anything over 260, an athlete can not wrestle.
Probably # 76 for male don't know his name but he reminds me of my son who will be 2015 draft pick
The consensus opinion, not necessarily my own, would be Drake Jackson. All the D1 evaluators love him. Has multiple SEC offers including Alabama.
#74 Michael Johnson LC
Did they change it from 285 to 260?
I was expecting to see Chris Helton named here Smile
There's no way to know this. Go to rivals their usually pretty good at ranking players.
I would say that Drake Jackson is a safe bet seeing as he is the #1 rated center in America.
I don't think they are the best but maybe top 20.

C Logan Ross - 6'3 290
LT Tucker Teepen - 6'4 260
Watch some film on Kel Carmen.
HAROLD Wrote:I would say that Drake Jackson is a safe bet seeing as he is the #1 rated center in America.

his stock has risen for sure. seems like he came from out of nowhere.
Fundamentals Wrote:Did they change it from 285 to 260?

Are you referring to Landon Young? We all know that programs tend to add a little to height and weight, but I am sure he is 6'7. May not be at 260 playing weight while football season, but definitely 260 after when wrestling season comes.
TE Andrew Hedger 6'5 230 Muti D1 offers.
#60 Davian Logan, Junior, Garrard
in the small schools I would say the Helton kid from Wburg is getting some NAIA offers. everyone i Wburg says that most of their starting line is getting D1 offers but no one has said as to where thise offers are coming from. Raceland has a few nice underclassmen.

Isaac Wallace 6'1" 280 recieved the EKC Lineman of the year. Just a sophomore. Hasnt quite found his strength yet in the Bench Press but has a natural strength and speed to go with it on the football field. Runs around a 5.3/5.4 40. Has alot of potential to become a division 1 DL. Great nose for the football.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:in the small schools I would say the Helton kid from Wburg is getting some NAIA offers. everyone i Wburg says that most of their starting line is getting D1 offers but no one has said as to where thise offers are coming from. Raceland has a few nice underclassmen.

Isaac Wallace 6'1" 280 recieved the EKC Lineman of the year. Just a sophomore. Hasnt quite found his strength yet in the Bench Press but has a natural strength and speed to go with it on the football field. Runs around a 5.3/5.4 40. Has alot of potential to become a division 1 DL. Great nose for the football.

You sure a teams whole line is getting D1 offers. If that's the case the should run over every teams in the state big or small.
autopart101 Wrote:You sure a teams whole line is getting D1 offers. If that's the case the should run over every teams in the state big or small.

im not saying that, Im stating that alot of the Williamsburg fans have said that. Im not discrediting that, nor am I confirming it. I do find it hard to believe, but I know they have a few kids with d1 SIZE. But that doesnt make d1 offer speculation true.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:im not saying that, Im stating that alot of the Williamsburg fans have said that. Im not discrediting that, nor am I confirming it. I do find it hard to believe, but I know they have a few kids with d1 SIZE. But that doesnt make d1 offer speculation true.

That's a far cry from D1 offers.
jw4914 Wrote:#60 Davian Logan, Junior, Garrard

Saw this kid twice. He is BIG and covers some ground. I think I was told that he was a very young jr.
Saw Drake Jackson several times and he's by far the best I have ever seen in High school. He's 6"2 bare feet and 290. His technique and footwork are second to none. He went to Alabama and ohio states camps and beat every lineman he faced in one on ones. Beat several 4 and 5 star recruits while there. Nick Saban and Les miles among others called and want him at their programs
AEP has a good crop of young guys that are really great linemen. Should serve us well during the cold winter months.
autopart101 Wrote:That's a far cry from D1 offers.

:Sad04:
Football Junky Wrote:Saw Drake Jackson several times and he's by far the best I have ever seen in High school. He's 6"2 bare feet and 290. His technique and footwork are second to none. He went to Alabama and ohio states camps and beat every lineman he faced in one on ones. Beat several 4 and 5 star recruits while there. Nick Saban and Les miles among others called and want him at their programs

Did they offer? Seems a bit short for an SEC o lineman.
He's a Center. All have offered. Ohio State offered yesterday..

This is what happens when you tear up the spring and summer camps..