Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 20 South Laurel 14
Final.
Thought south would make this a close game.
Congrats to north.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
North will be a tough out in the playoffs.
closer than it should have been
South played a really good game had a good game plan, North played well enough to win.
I made this game. I am not sure of total offense for each team but looked like south had alot more yards. Moved the ball good at times. Just to many turnovers. 3 fumbles and 2 or 3 interceptions by south killed any hopes south had. South threw a pick 6 and threw a int in their end zone. South fumbled after a long catch and run at their own 20 late in game. South also fumbled that gave north a short field of maybe 20 yards in the first half. South outplayed north IMO but you wont win like that.
I was wrong I apologize to the South Laurel nation, you have improved, and you are A much better team, Good job on probably the best any team in Ky. has improved in that length of time.
I am now going to add SL to my favorite team list.
Our observations - SL was the best 1-8 team we had seen play. They had way too many fumbles/interceptions to be effective against a force like NL, (who didn't have their best game of the season), but played well enough to win. Refs let them play, anxious to see the film my buddy took last night to see if there was as much holding by SL as we thought there was during the game. NL can't keep running off tackle like they do every play and be effective long term. Teams can adjust to that too quick & stop it. Good luck to NL, I have a feeling they are going to regroup & do well in the play offs! SL was bigger than NL, but NL had more true athletes on the field than SL. That is what the 'Boys from B' thought! :eyeroll:
I thought South would keep this game close, but not THIS close.

So, congratulations on the victory Jaguars; and to South Laurel who is apparently the most improved team in the area!!
South did play very well. Probably their best game of the season for sure. Can't win a close game with that anount of turnovers.