Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which districts play each other in 3a this year?
Whcih district plays who?
Same as usual.

1 vs 2
3 vs 4

5 vs 6
7 vs 8
Ok man thanks i didnt know if they would rotate like that one year.whos in 7 this year?
Hawk101 Wrote:Ok man thanks i didnt know if they would rotate like that one year.whos in 7 this year?

No they don't. Breathitt's district.
Each class is the same except 6A

4 regions, 8 districts.

Region 1 consist of district 1 and 2
Region 2 consist of district 3 and 4
Region 3 consist of district 5 and 6
Region 4 consist of district 7 and 8

The first round of the playoffs pits the one see from a district against a 4 seed from the opposing district in the region.

The second round pits opponents together who won in the first round.

The third round is for the region championship.

The fourth round is the state semis, and pits the winner of Region 1 against Region 2 and Region 3 against Region 4. (Odd number years means the odd number region host the game, same with the district having homefield advantage, and even years are of course even number district and regions.) Since its 2014, Regions 2 and 4 of each class will host the region final. Also, district 2,4,6, and 8 have homefield advantage so long as they are the higher seed.

Fifth and final round is obviously the state championship where the winners of the semis face off.
Hawk101 Wrote:Ok man thanks i didnt know if they would rotate like that one year.whos in 7 this year?

Class 3A Region 4 Playoffs

District 7 (Assuming Breathitt beats Knott Central)
1. Magoffin County
2. Breathitt County
3. Morgan County
4. Knott Central

District 8
1. Belfry
2. Lawrence County
3. Pike Central
4. Sheldon Clark

Playoffs...

(4) Sheldon Clark @ (1) Magoffin County
(3) Morgan County @ (2) Lawrence County

(4) Knott Central @ (1) Belfry
(3) Pike Central @ (2) Breathitt County
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Class 3A Region 4 Playoffs

District 7 (Assuming Breathitt beats Knott Central)
1. Magoffin County
2. Breathitt County
3. Morgan County
4. Knott Central

District 8
1. Belfry
2. Lawrence County
3. Pike Central
4. Sheldon Clark

Playoffs...

(4) Sheldon Clark @ (1) Magoffin County
(3) Morgan County @ (2) Lawrence County

(4) Knott Central @ (1) Belfry
(3) Pike Central @ (2) Breathitt County
So if everything plays out like it looks like it will.
1st rd. Belfry vs Knott C.
2nd rd. " " Vs Pike Co. central
3rd rd. " " vs Lawrence Co. (Regional finals)

That is if Pike Central and Lawrence co. wins their games right???

At least that's my predictions. I don't see Breathitt beating PC.
skully03 Wrote:So if everything plays out like it looks like it will.
1st rd. Belfry vs Knott C.
2nd rd. " " Vs Pike Co. central
3rd rd. " " vs Lawrence Co. (Regional finals)

That is if Pike Central and Lawrence co. wins their games right???

At least that's my predictions. I don't see Breathitt beating PC.

That's right.
Also, Belfry will be at home throughout the playoffs.
Okay, say something crazy happens and pike central beats belfry on Friday, how would it look then?
Bgrfan12 Wrote:Okay, say something crazy happens and pike central beats belfry on Friday, how would it look then?

There would be a three way tie for the district championship.
In this scenario, you would take the top 4 non district opponents you have beaten and add up there wins. This is what sucks about the tie breaker....almost every team still has a non district game to go in the final week. This means nobody would know the outcome until after everyone plays there final game.

In other words, if there were a three way tie....(As it stands currently)

Belfry
Henry Clay- 6 wins (possibly 7 wins if they beat Bryan Station)
Southwestern- 7 wins (possibly 8 if they beat Pulaski)
Galia Academy- 4 wins (Possibly 5 wins)
CAK- 4 wins (possibly 5 wins)

Total- 21 points (Remember, JC is still on the schedule, if Belfry was to win, it would replace CAK, and take them up to 26)

Pike County Central

Only 3 non district wins so far..

Whitley County- 4 wins (possibly 5 if they beat Letcher)....This game was only played a quarter and a half, I believe it counts)
Somerset- 0 wins (possibly 1 if they beat Mboro)
Letcher Central- 6 wins (possibly 7 if they beat Whitley)

Total- 10 Points (Perry Central is still on the schedule for a possible 1 point)

Lawrence County

Boyd County- 2 wins (4 if they beat Tolsia, WV and Greenup County)
Fairview- 4 wins (6 if they beat a team in OH and Nicholas County)
Breathitt County- 3 wins (5 if they beat Knott and Letcher)
Rowan County- 1 win (possibly 2 if they beat Montgomery County)

Total- 10 Points (Prestonsburg is still on the schedule. If LC wins, Pburg would replace Rowan, and take the total up to 17)

SO, in the end, no matter the outcome, Belfry is already district champions. Mathematically, there is no way for the other two to catch them even if they lose to JC in the last week.

Now, the two and three seeds are interesting.
If we have a three way tie, LC and PCC will both be setting at 10 points. LC plays Pburg, and if they win that, they would definitely lock up the two seed. If they lose, they stay at 10 points.
PCC still has Perry on the schedule. Its only one point, but that might be all they need. Tied at 10, if PCC beats Perry and Lawrence were to lose, then PCC would have 11 points to LC's 10.
The kicker is, PCC is guaranteed one more point because two of there teams play each other.

AND, these numbers will change because all of the tiebreaker points could go up if the teams they beat win in the final week.

THIS is why district games should finish off the schedule.

BUT, even in a tie breaker situation, Belfry wins, and the 2-3 seed wont be figured out until the final week.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There would be a three way tie for the district championship.
In this scenario, you would take the top 4 non district opponents you have beaten and add up there wins. This is what sucks about the tie breaker....almost every team still has a non district game to go in the final week. This means nobody would know the outcome until after everyone plays there final game.

In other words, if there were a three way tie....(As it stands currently)

Belfry
Henry Clay- 6 wins (possibly 7 wins if they beat Bryan Station)
Southwestern- 7 wins (possibly 8 if they beat Pulaski)
Galia Academy- 4 wins (Possibly 5 wins)
CAK- 4 wins (possibly 5 wins)

Total- 21 points (Remember, JC is still on the schedule, if Belfry was to win, it would replace CAK, and take them up to 26)

Pike County Central

Only 3 non district wins so far..

Whitley County- 4 wins (possibly 5 if they beat Letcher)....This game was only played a quarter and a half, I believe it counts)
Somerset- 0 wins (possibly 1 if they beat Mboro)
Letcher Central- 6 wins (possibly 7 if they beat Whitley)

Total- 10 Points (Perry Central is still on the schedule for a possible 1 point)

Lawrence County

Boyd County- 2 wins (4 if they beat Tolsia, WV and Greenup County)
Fairview- 4 wins (6 if they beat a team in OH and Nicholas County)
Breathitt County- 3 wins (5 if they beat Knott and Letcher)
Rowan County- 1 win (possibly 2 if they beat Montgomery County)

Total- 10 Points (Prestonsburg is still on the schedule. If LC wins, Pburg would replace Rowan, and take the total up to 17)

SO, in the end, no matter the outcome, Belfry is already district champions. Mathematically, there is no way for the other two to catch them even if they lose to JC in the last week.

Now, the two and three seeds are interesting.
If we have a three way tie, LC and PCC will both be setting at 10 points. LC plays Pburg, and if they win that, they would definitely lock up the two seed. If they lose, they stay at 10 points.
PCC still has Perry on the schedule. Its only one point, but that might be all they need. Tied at 10, if PCC beats Perry and Lawrence were to lose, then PCC would have 11 points to LC's 10.
The kicker is, PCC is guaranteed one more point because two of there teams play each other.

AND, these numbers will change because all of the tiebreaker points could go up if the teams they beat win in the final week.

THIS is why district games should finish off the schedule.

BUT, even in a tie breaker situation, Belfry wins, and the 2-3 seed wont be figured out until the final week.
That just made my head hurt. Lol. Glad you got it all figured out for us. EKU touched on this earlier in the week if I'm not mistaken.

Either way I'm glad it guarantees Belfry another district title.

^ that last sentence was for you demarcus lolConfusednicker:
skully03 Wrote:That just made my head hurt. Lol. Glad you got it all figured out for us. EKU touched on this earlier in the week if I'm not mistaken.

Either way I'm glad it guarantees Belfry another district title.

^ that last sentence was for you demarcus lolConfusednicker:
I see what you did there Confusednicker: