Poll: Big O-line or Fast O-line ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Big O-Line
0%
Fast O-Line
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big O-line Line or Fast O-Line
What do you think? And when I say big o-line I mean the 280-320 lbs. And also when I say Fast O-line I mean the 220-250 lbs linemen.
Fast o-line. Gotta be able to fire off the ball before the defense does.
Big Daddy #78 Wrote:Fast o-line. Gotta be able to fire off the ball before the defense does.

I agree
Who cares as long as they can block. I've seen my fair share of both type of lineman, as well as good from both type.
hm well..thats a toughie, but i would take a fast 220-250 ib linemen over a slow big guy, from what iv'e saw, big slow guys dont fire off fast enough and if a smaller faster guy hits them lower and faster they can actually block them long enough for the RB to get through the hole or the QB to get a pass off, which of course, if u had a small line around that weight, your back would have to get through the hole pretty quick though lol but then again of course, if u got some pretty big heavy set linemen that can push guys around easily, ur backs and QB have more time to do what the play calls for, example of small line, Pikeville, example of big line, Belfry
Russell's line was really small and quick to the ball last year. I would say the biggest were Smith and Mell. Both around 250. Schafer was 215-220. Gullett was probably 230ish. Not real big but tenacious when it came to blocking.
Fast O Line hands down in this one, with the athleticism of D Lineman, you have to have fast athletic guys to counter this on the O-Line.
Prestonsburg is really fast this season. Smallest is Matt Blevins and he is about 210 or 215lbs. And the biggest is the center Zach Bragg at about 240 or 250.
Who is to say a big guy (280-300) can't be quick?

The ideal situation would be to have 5 guys who are 300lbs and quick off the ball.

Realizing that FEW teams could ever hope for that, I would say a combination of the two is ideal. A couple bookend tackles who have excellent size and interior lineman who are a bit smaller and quicker (thus able to pull and block Linebackers) is the goal.
I would say it depends on the offense you run. For example, if you run the wing T you would would want fast lineman that can pull and trap. However, if you run the Shot gun you may want some bigger guys who can't be pushed back into the quarterback. In either case, lineman have to be able to move their feet.
well it depends if you're playing in the mud you need a big O-Line, but you need a fats O-Line if its dry or you're playing on turf like most teams here have
LovetheBucs Wrote:I would say a combination of the two is ideal. A couple bookend tackles who have excellent size and interior lineman who are a bit smaller and quicker (thus able to pull and block Linebackers) is the goal.
I would agree with this having a combination of both would be the best. If I could only choose between the two I would go with the fast O-line.
Yeah I wold definitley take the big lineman that are fast! Cant beat that!
It doesn't matter what there size is as long as they can get the job done!!!
cbls_75 Wrote:It doesn't matter what there size is as long as they can get the job done!!!

Thats right
You need both size and speed, but the better between the two is always speed...
Speed Kills!!!!!!!
Hmmmm... Well I would go with a line if I could have one like this.

Big tackles round the 285-320 range.
And some guards that are quick not fast around the rang of 250-265.
Depends on your offense. Ill take big linemen (300lbs.) anyday. Thats assuming your not talking about fat guys who can't tie their shoes slow. I don't need lineman with good 40 times. Of course i do like to be able to pull guards and tackles.
A combonation of both is the best, but if I had to choose I'd say Fast
i think having quick linemen are better
fast