Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graves County 28 McCracken County 21
Final.
upset of the year.

Graves has played terribly until tonight.

wow
How did this happen
Alot of fumbles the last of which graves returned for a td when mccracken was up 1 with a few minutes to go. It seemed mccracken would win just needed a couple first downs until the scoop and score put graves up. Graves cody crider did what he has done to every team this year except for mayfield. The first play of the game he had like an 88 yard td run, he also had a pick 6 in the game. Cant wait to see the stats in the paper, and see how many fumbles there were, as there was quite a few.
McCracken had 6 turnovers.
And now 55 will develop a bleeding ulcer over Mayfield's SOS...:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:And now 55 will develop a bleeding ulcer over Mayfield's SOS...:biggrin:

Why would he may field beat graves.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Why would he may field beat graves.

He was 100x more proud of the close loss to McCracken.:devilflam
It should all balance out. I think beating one by 21 and losing to the other by 1 on their field is still good. I suspect the ratings will hurt but this is the time of year that our ratings go down anyway. The goal is to get a gold ball in Dec not a high rating in Oct.
I thought McCracken was supposed to be really injured. I was understanding they were going to set out Poo Jones, Zyarire Hughes, a big lineman and one of their other starting receivers for this game. But, when I was listening to the late part of the game I heard that Hughes and Jones were in. I really don't know what was going on that they were dropping so many passes and fumbling the ball. When you have the lead, the ball and only 3 minutes left in the game you give it to a bruising back and let him run up the middle and run the clock. they have Quame and he is that type of back. Instead they give the ball to Jones for the style type run and he fumbles which resulted in a Graves td.
The weather played a role in it cause mccrackens long ball never could get going due to the 15-20mph wind.. they were a bit beat up and still put down alot more yardage than graves by almost 300yrds shot to the foot .. their coach was not able to coach from the sideline due to last weeks fall out on the field.. graves d still played good tho but turn overs really kept graves in this one..
Congrats to Graves County. Shows why you can't compare scores. I'm glad I don't bet on football for a living.
Just waiting for all the excuses to roll in:

1) Turnovers
2) Injuries
3) Weather ......
Tica Wrote:Just waiting for all the excuses to roll in:

1) Turnovers
2) Injuries
3) Weather ......

Funny thing is Mayfield fans are the ones makeing excuses for them. Confusednicker:
Good gosh, I just read the Sun. McCracken flagged fr 150 yards of penalties. They fumbled the ball away 5 times and threw 1 touchdown. Graves has a good defense, you cannot give them those kinds of opportunities.. If graves had a good offenee, like last year, this could have gotten ugly.. I just want to know where those flags were when we played the Mustangs. We are still without a receiver due to a helmet to helmet shot that was VERY obvious in that game. McCracken has to work on the penalties more than anything, they really have big issues there. They also need to work on the fumble issues and a power running game if they are gonna have any shot in 6a. I really don't think it is the weather as much as not being complete. When you have the lead and the ball with 3 minutes left in the game, you go to a power runner like Quame. You don't give it to a finesse speed runner with fumble issues. Worst case scenario you run 1.5 minutes off the clock and punt it back to an offense that is struggling. I don't know that the coach being in the box is that big of a deal either. I think you just have to clean up your play.
I'm sorry the 1 touchdown they threw for that I mentioned was to Graves' defense.
according to the radio last night 55 the player that took the hit against mccracken is out for the season.
If "ifs" and "buts" turn out to be candy and nuts, they both could have a Merry Christmas, or something like that? Ha
If you are talking about our receiver you are correct. I was hoping he would be back but, he is going to lucky to be recovered in time for his track season. That is why helmet to helmet hits are supposed to merit a flag. I still can't get over that one and the VERY obvious face mask on Kennemore that was 5 feet from the ref. I understand you can't get them all but those were wayyyy too obvious.
baseball1974 Wrote:If "ifs" and "buts" turn out to be candy and nuts, they both could have a Merry Christmas, or something like that? Ha

What is this guy talking about.
Never said the coach in the press box and not on the field was any part of the issue here...! Was just including the info.. and any time u have a team who relies on the mid to long ball for 60% of their offense [maybe even more] 20+ mph winds are going to play a huge role.. frankly it doesnt matter who makes these commits weather it be a cardinal fan or a pikeville fan..too whom ever watched the game it was purely obvious! Tica pls dont cry ... k.. would u rather me make excuses for graves? Was simply puttin facts out there for the ppl who were not able to watch the game.. !
killbilly usmc Wrote:What is this guy talking about.

Ha! You've never heard that? That saying isn't old I don't think?
Wasn't that a Dolly Partin song?
E's Army Wrote:Wasn't that a Dolly Partin song?

Haha! No Dolly didn't sing that I don't think? One of my assistant coaches that I had for years is who I first heard say it. Every time he'd hear somebody making excuses about something or kept saying something like "well if this would have happened," or "if that would have happened," then his first remark would be "Well if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry F-in Christmas!